Chapter 6

The party was loud. Too loud. You could here the music from 1km away. When Kageyama and you walked in, you were greeted by Tanaka. "Ah (L/N)! I hoped you would come!", he grinned and guided you into the living room. You looked through the crowded room, hoping you would spot a certain blonde streak of hair. You didn't recognize most people at the party and turned around to Kageyama. He had his usually blank face and stood in the middle of the room like a helpless child who had lost its mother in the supermarket. You grabbed him by his wrist and dragged him behind you towards the kitchen. You spotted Sugawara and wriggled yourself through the other pupils. "Hey Sugawara!" "Hey (L/N)! Hey Kageyama! You guys wanna have a drink?" He hold a red cup in his hand. "No thanks. We have training tomorrow", Kageyama answered, resulting in Sugawara smiling. "Do you want some?", the gray haired boy asked you and you nodded. He handed you a cup and you took a small sip. You squinched your eyes shut. "Ew. What is that?" "Uhm. I don't know actually. But it contains alcohol", Sugawara laughed and scratched the back of his head. "Have you seen Noya?" "Yeah. I saw him a while ago. He must be somewhere around." "Thanks." "Is something wrong? I noticed him being in a weird mood lately." "I don't know. I feel like he is avoiding me." Sugawara nodded.  "Well, I know how to fix that", he winked.

A few minutes later you sat on the floor next to Kageyama. Sugawara had told everyone to gather in a circle if they wanted to play a game. Noya sat a few meters away from you. He wore a tight white shirt and black jeans. "So guys. It's time for a game of Truth or Dare." Some boys whistled, while Kageyama tensed up. "I will start", Sugawara announced and winked at you. "Noya. Truth or Dare?" "Dare", he exclaimed and pushed his shoulders back. "Ok. I dare you to spend seven minutes in heaven with (L/N)-chan." Kageyama wanted to stand up but you hold him back. This was your chance to finally talk to Noya. You chugged the rest of your drink and stood up. Everyone stared at the both of you as you walked into a small wardrobe." Sugawara closed the door behind you, leaving you in complete darkness. "7 minutes are starting now!", he screamed over the loud music. You could feel Noya's breath on your face and you had a weird feeling in your stomach. A mixture between fear and anger. "What's wrong?" You wanted to sound caring but it came out rather demanding. "Nothing." "Don't lie." "It's nothing, (L/N)." "So just cancel our study session because of nothing?" "I told you I was busy." "Ok what did you do then?" "I... I had to practice." "Practice?", you raised your eyebrow, even though he couldn't see it. "Yes." You let out a deep sigh. "Fine. Then don't tell me." You wanted to move away from him but the closet was too small. You accidently brushed his hand with your fingers and quickly pulled away. "Maybe you should practice with Kageyama from now on." Your heart skipped a beat and you felt a sharp pain in your chest. "Why?" Your voice shook. "Seems like you two are getting along quite well", he hissed at you. "Of course. He is my best friend, idiot!" You became angry. You didn't know if it was because of the alcohol or his attitude which annoyed you. "Oh yeah. Friends." What was his freaking problem? "What do you mean?" "I saw you both. And friends don't usually hug each other like that in the middle of the street!" "I hugged him because he was upset! You have such a problem, Noya!" "Just admit that you like him!" "I don't!" At that point the two of you were just screaming at each other. Gladly the music was still loud, so noone could here you. "You do!" "I don't!" "Oh yeah?! Then why do you get so angry when I say that you like him?!" "Fuck you, Noya! I actually missed you the last few days and you are just acting like an asshole right now!"