Chapter 17

The next day, you helped Kageyama to clean up and said goodbye to Noya and Hinata.

Afterwards, you rushed home and got ready for your date. 

Since it was sunny outside and the sky was bright blue without a single cloud in sight, you decided to wear a flowy dress with a cute jacket on top.

You checked your phone every two minutes to see if Noya had already texted you the place and time. It was impossible for you to stay still. Finally, you had gotten the chance to figure out your feelings.

As you walked through your room, you thought about everything that could happen today. That was when it hit you like a truck.

WHAT IF HE TRIED TO KISS YOU?!?!?!

Your palms became sweaty and your throat was as dry as the desert.

Would you kiss him back? Or would you try to avoid the situation?

You had never kissed a boy before. At least not really. There had been Haruka from middle school but that was just a peck during truth or dare.

Suddenly, your phone rang.

"Yes?", you questioned with a raspy voice.

"(Y/N)-chan? It's Noya. I'm outside..."

"Ok."

You hung up and slowly made your way down to the front door. In slow motion, you put your shoes on and stepped outside.

Noya wore a bomber jacket  and smiled at you. The wind was blowing through his hair, causing it to cover his forehead.

You stopped a couple of steps in front of him.

"So... where are we going?"

"That's a surprise."

Noya winked at you and then hooked his arm with yours. Immediately, a warm feeling rushed through your entire body and you got a weird feeling in your stomach.

"Close your eyes", Noya demanded after the two of you walked through the city for a good 20 minutes.

You let out a small sigh but willingly covered your eyes with your hands. Cautiously, Noya took your elbow and guided you towards the final destination.

In reality it was probably just a couple of minutes but with your eyes closed, fully focusing on Noya's touch, it felt like eternity.

"Okayyyyy... look!"

You opened you eyes and...

"The ocean?"

Noya let out a small laugh and turned your head a little bit to the side.

"The funfair?"

Of course Noya would choose something like a funfair for a first date. But you couldn't complain.

"Let's go!"

He dragged you towards the entrance and payed for the two of you.

"Due to my own experiences, I would recommend to do all the crazy rollercoasters first and THEN eat all the snacks. Otherwise... it can become a little bit nasty", Noya grinned and you let out a small laugh.

"I wanna ride that one!"

You pointed at the biggest rollercoaster at the whole fair. It had a total of three loopings and a sharp drop at the beginning.

"(Y/N)-chan, you know what they say: great minds think alike."

During the ride, you screamed from the top of your lungs as the wind blew through your hair. Eventhough you had hoped for something more classy, you had to admit that this date was pretty fun.

After riding every available rollercoaster, Noya and you went to the ice cream stand. He got his usual gari gari kun popsicle while you settled for a strawberry flavoured one.

You wanted to pay for the ice cream but Noya gently pushed your hand down.

"It's on me."

"But you already payed for the entry. That's not fair. I also want to pay for something."

"Let me be a gentleman for once", he stated while giving you a flick against the forehead.

"Ouch. That hurt."

"That's for the all the times you declined my date offers, only for YOU to ask ME on a date instead."

You quickly became quiet and and turned you head away, so Noya couldn't see your red cheeks.

"Whatever..."

As the sun began to set, the two of you strolled along the beach and talked about god and the world. But you were too busy overthinking a possible kiss that you didn't really concentrate on what Noya was telling you at the moment.

Why hadn't he kissed you? The day had been perfect. Maybe Noya actually didn't like you that much. Or maybe he had noticed that you had never kissed someone before. What if he thought that it was weird? Maybe he would never kiss you because of that...

"(Y/N)? Were you listening?"

"What?"

"What it is going on in that head of yours?"

"Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

Before your mind could come up with a smart answer, your mouth already answered: "Have you ever kissed someone?"

Noya stopped dead in his tracks and gave you baffled expression. He hadn't expected such a question.

"Uhm well yeah."

You nodded your head. God, your lack of experience was so embarrassing.

Noya noticed your change in mood and stepped towards you.

"Should I bring you home?"

You nodded again and Noya quietly accompanied you.

In front of your house, he turned towards you. He gave you a small smile and bent down to your ear.

"You know, (Y/N)-chan, you shouldn't worry too much about kisses."

You gave him big eyes. What was he on about?

Noya quickly gave you peck on the cheek, turned around and walked down the street.

"You will also get one sooner or later!", he screamed before he vanished into the night.