Chapter 1

After summerbreak you made your way towards your classroom. The sun shone through the windows and the hallways were still rather empty, since school wouldn't start until 20 more minutes. You opened the door of your classroom and, of course, he was already there. Of course he would be. He was always the first person to be present because he liked to train volleyball at the gym in the morning.  "Hey (L/N)-chan! How was summerbreak? Did you go on vacation? Are you finally president of the English club? Are you comming to one of my games this year? Can we go on a date this week?", Nishinoya asked you. You let out a sigh and put your backpack next to your desk. "First, don't call me "chan", Nishinoya. Second, you ask way too many questions." The small boy set on his desk, which was sadly right behind yours, and let his legs swing back and forth. He looked at you and still expected answers. "My summerbreak was ok and no, we won't go on date." How many more times would you have to reject him unil he finally understands? Last year he asked you everyday if you would go on a date with him. Your answer always stayed the same but yet he never gave up trying to win you heart. You never wondered where that stamina came from. He covered his heart with his hands, fell of the table in a dramatic manner and then stumbled towards you. He grapped your shoulders with his hands and slowly let himself glide towards the floor. "Why? Why would you rip my heart out of my chest just like that? I am a broken man." You rolled your eyes and sat down on your chair. Nishinoya stood back up again, smoothed out his uniform and grinned. "One day I will win you over", he announced while finally sitting down at his chair for once. "I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you." He brushed through his hair with his hand, leant over his desk and whispered into your ear: "I am a fighter. I will never give up."