Chapter 3

The weeks passed by and this school year wasn't much different from the last one. You spent most of your time with homework or doing organisation stuff for the Eglish club, since you became the president. Kageyama-chan got into the team and most days you only saw him on your way to school, since they had practice three times a week during the afternoon. He tried to convince you to come to his practice a few times but you weren't interested in hanging out with Nishinoya during your free time.  As you thought about this during the volleyball game in gymclass,  your teacher screamed your name. "(L/N), Nishinoya !!!! Come and see me after class!" While the other pupils cleaned the gym and went on to change back into their uniforms, Nishonoya and you made your way over to your PE and English teacher. He looked at the both of you with a concerned look on his face. "I wanted to talk to the both of you. Nishinoya... you are one of my best players but your English grades are terrible. And you, (L/N), are great in English but your PE grade is... well... not good. If you two don't get it together, I might have to fail you." You gulped. Failing? You never failed! You were a good student! On top of all of your classes. You teacher saw your face and put his hands up to calm you down. "Don't worry. I have the perfect idea. You two will help each other for the rest of the year!" "But...", you wanted to interrupt your teacher but remembered how impolite that would be. So you just nodded and accepted your faith. Nishinoya, on the other hand, beamed: "You can trust us. We can do this!" Your teacher smiled and dismissed you. You let out a heavy sigh as you walked to the locker room, Nishinoya by your side. "I can teach you volleyball at practice tomorrow", he smiled. "Okay." With that you slammed the door of the locker room into his face. "Well, I can't wait to finally get to know you better, (L/N)-chan!", he screamed from outside and you let your head bump against your locker.

The next day you had to force yourself to actually show up at practice. As soon as you opened the heavy doors and stepped in, you heard a scream. "(L/N)-chan!!! You are here!" Nishinoya's loud voice caused you to flinch. Tanaka showed up right beside you, his tall figure bending over you. "Who is this pretty lady, Noya?", he grinned and you had to lift your head up to see his stupid smile. Kageyama-chan showed up behind him and hit Tanaka on the back of his head. "The 'lady' is my best friend and if one of you greedy asses only dare to look at her, I will kill you." The boys' faces went blank and they quietly returned back to practice. A tall boy with brown hair showed up next to you: "I am Sawamura. Noya told me that he has to teach you volleyball so he won't fail his next English exam?" "Jup. I am kinda forced to do this." "Well, good luck. Noya sucks at English." He gave you a warm smile and then jogged back on the court where he screamed at an orange haired boy. "Come on! Let's practice!", the small boy screamed across the court and waved you over. You sighed and trotted towards him. He showed you a simple setting. For someone so energetic his passes were surprisingly quiet. "So", he began to explain,"I am the libero. I can't block, serve or set BUT I can receive! So Sugawara here will make some passes and you will just try to set the ball back to him, okay?" You nodded and positioned yourself on the court. Sugawara passed you the first ball and you tried to set it back. The ball made a loud noise as it touched your hands, barely made it over the net and landed a few meters in front of the 3rd year boy. Sugawara smiled: "That wasn't too bad." "Curl you fingertips more and try to stretch when you set the ball back", Nishinoya told you. You tried again and this time the ball landed a little bit further away than last time. Nishinoya smiled: "See. You almost got it. Now we will just have to practice that a little bit more." A little bit  turnt into three hours and when you left the gym with Kageyama by your side you were more tired than ever. "How do you do this 3 times a week?" Kageyama shrugged with his shoulders. "Let's study English at your place tomorrow, okay? We can start right after school", Nishinoya showed up on your other side and looked at you with questioning eyes. "Uhm okay." You wanted to ask him if he knew your address but he already ran past the both of you. "He has way too much energy." Kageyama laughed as he placed his arm across your shoulder: "Come on. Let's go home."