And he doesn't know why.

Or maybe, just maybe, Soobin really does.

___

"Are you okay?" asked someone from behind him which caused Yeonjun to turn his head around. Upon meeting his secretary's gaze, Yeonjun brought his focus back at front, his expression remaining stoic.

Jaemin went to sit beside the silent male on the bench, the folders and documents he made Yeonjun sign were resting on his lap. They stayed quiet for a few moments, just letting the gentle breeze graze over their skin as their hair swayed along with it too. Yeonjun watched the leaves that fell on the ground fly and float around as the wind blew again and a part of him secretly envied what seems to be a simple action.

He wishes it is that easy to let his thoughts fly away. Maybe, if they can also be gone once the wind hit him, everything could finally be alright.

But it isn't. Life is not easy like that.

"How long are you going to keep this?"

The question made Yeonjun's brows to crease. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"No, I don't." Yeonjun shakes his head.

Jaemin then inhaled a deep breath and faced the other male with a concerned look.

"Is—is everything alright with you and Soobin?"

If it's still possible for Yeonjun's frown to deepen, then it just did.

"What?"

"Just—Jeno's been telling me about things he's noticing from Soobin and he's starting to get really worried. He thinks something happened between the two of you but when he tries to ask, Soobin will always shut him off." Jaemin trailed off and waited to see a reaction from the other. When he got none, he took it as a sign to continue.

"You see, Jeno said Soobin went back with his old ways and behaviors the time you were away but isn't he supposed to be okay again because you're back? But, why does it sound like he's getting worse? I heard he's always snarling and snapping again—their new trainees and interns are actually scared of him—and he unusually zones out a lot too. What's going on?"

Yeonjun bit his lower lip, the worry taking over him but his mind's a little too clouded and unresponsive for it to work rationally. You can't blame him though, there have been a lot on his mind lately and he still hasn't rested aptly yet.

"I-I don't know... w-we're fine—we talk at home and we—"

He cut himself off because when was the last time he and Soobin had a proper conversation again? Fuck, he can't even remember when the last time he felt his hands on his was.

"But are you really fine?"

"What?"

Jaemin tried so hard to restrain himself from rolling his eyes at this guy who's being so dumb and dense. He swiftly sent a silent prayer for the gods above to give him extended patience.

"I mean, what if you're thinking you guys are fine but you actually aren't? Or what if, you really are fine but Soobin isn't? Have you even asked him about how he is or if there's something bothering him?" he raised a brow.

Yeonjun avoided his gaze and stayed quiet. Jaemin's eyes widened in disbelief and almost smack the male beside him. "You haven't!? Yeonjun, that's not how relationship works!"