24

I'll get it.

I'll go.

The two spoke at the same time when the doorbell rang, finding it to be an opportunity to break free from the suffocating awkward atmosphere. They looked at each other and felt this giddy feeling of wanting to vanish again.

“You get it and I'll... uh... go get the... uhm... plates.” Yeonjun winced at his stammering self.

Sure... you.. uh.. do that.

Once the foods were settled, both of them just sat there with their plates in front of them. Still too conscious and shit to start moving and eat.

The chicken's smell is too luring to ignore though, it's making their stomach growl and the very appetizing black bean noodle isn't exactly helping their case either.

Having enough of the uncomfortable silence, Soobin was the first to break.

Let's stop this.

Yeonjun looked at him with a baffled expression. He took it as a sign to continue.

I meant to say that we should just forget about all the earlier incidents and continue like nothing happened because it's—it's –

Uncomfortable and awkward? the older male finished for him and sighed out of relief. “Thank goodness. I thought I was the only one struggling.

So I'm assuming that's a deal?

What? Do we have to sign papers for this kind of stuffs too?” Yeonjun teased with a small smile lingering on his lips—hands already reaching out for the chicken. Soobin shook his head at Yeonjun's attempt in making the atmosphere lighter but still appreciated it anyway. He too, started to reach for the noodles. Both of them finally being able to eat in peace.

How long have you been playing the piano? asked Yeonjun suddenly, kind of catching Soobin off guard as he munched on his chicken. He stared at the brunette's face blankly and saw genuine curiosity so he decided to answer.

Since I was 9 I think? Jin hyung attended lessons and he taught me what he learned.

Yeonjun nodded, seeming quite interested.

You play well.

Wait until you hear Jin hyung play then.

He's busy though, Yeonjun pouted, “And it's not like we're close friends to make him play for me. I only ever met him once and that was for a business meeting.

And? Im his brother, he'll play for me.

Yeah, for you.

Soobin took note of how the other emphasized the last word. “I can invite him some time—with Namjoon hyung—if you want.

Really? Soobin nodded casually. “That would be great! But wait- Namjoon hyung?

His husband.

Oh, so that's why his last name is Kim. Yeonjun muttered to himself, getting hooked up in the conversation.

Hold up- Kim Namjoon, where did I hear that nam- Oh right! Isn't he a song writer slash producer slash whatever in that one company? What was it called again? Hit it? Big hit? Oh! JinHit Entertainment!