"She wasn't making fun of you. Haven't you guys heard a compliment before?" I asked.

The Off Colour was still confused by the word.

"Its when someone says something nice about you" I explained.

"Who would say nice things to gems like us? We're completely inappropriate and so are you. We should all be ashamed." Rhodonite exclaimed.

Garnet put her hand on our shoulder.

"Aw, Steven, Y/n. These gems feel just like I did before I met Rose Quartz"

The Off Colours were shocked when she mentions her name.  They began to tell us what they've heard of Rose Quartz which was too far off what the Diamonds had told me. 

"You have it  all wrong!" Garnet exclaimed.

There was silence. 

"Rose Quartz!" Padparadscha shouted out of the blue casing be to jump a bit at the sudden outburst.

"Of course that is how they tell it on Homeworld. Come on everyone, let me tell you the story of the real  Rose Quartz. If that's okay with you Y/n" Garnet said.

Everyone's attention turned to me.

'I mean this is the story of the fall of my mother but every story has two sides and I want to hear them both.'  I thought.

"I don't mind hearing your side of Rose Quartz" I said and Garnet gave me a nod. 

"It was Era 1

"It was Era 1. The Diamonds unique in their flawlessness sought to expand their perfection across the galaxy. And it was for this purpose Pink Diamond chose her first colony. The planet Earth.       
On Earth, every gem was made to serve Pink Diamond. Each with a role to play in Homeworld's perfect empire. In comparison to their creator, their existence was ordinary, they were life forms only meant to fit their mould and no one had ever dared think otherwise until there was Rose Quartz. 
In stature, she was no different than any Quartz and for a time she did her best to carry out her Diamond's bidding however she began to take notice of her strange colony and the life that existed there. Curiosity turned into appreciation. Appreciation turned into fondness. And fondness turn to love. Soon she wasn't able to keep her finding secret and she began asking her fellow gems if they knew of the life on Earth and what they made of it. She continued to prior further kindergartners with questions so odd that word of her eventually made its way to Pink Diamond. Rose Quartz summoned at once.

'Quartz!' Began Pink Diamond 'What have you been saying down there?'
'My Diamond' Rose pleaded.
'It has come to may attention that our colony, Earth, bears life while I know these organic life forms serve no purpose. I ask that we leave this planet and spare their lives'.
Pink Diamond thought for a moment and the laughed a wicked empty sound.
'You wish to save these life forms at the expensive of your our? Don't be absurd. Return to your post and I'll forget insolent'