6

September 13, 1990

It was MTV Music Award day Stevie wasn't at work, but she had the perfect dress designed to hide her suddenly out there baby bump. It wasn't a huge baby bump but you could definitely tell that she was pregnant. It made sense she was at seventeen weeks, four months and she was itching to work on more baby clothes. 

She was sitting in bed waiting for Lindsey, her little surprise tucked under the covers on his side of the bed. She couldn't stop running her fingers along the legs of the little warm fuzzy onesies and she had already invested in baby laundry detergent and washed all of them. 

She was flicking through a magazine when the bedroom door opened and Lindsey came in throwing his suitcase down on the little bench at the end of their bed. 

"Put your shit away." She states.

"Tomorrow," Lindsey replies crawling onto the bed next to her and untucked the blankets. 

"What are these?" Lindsey asks.

"I made them...don't you like them?" She questions.

"So, you're going ahead with a baby line...good." Lindsey lays his head on the pillow.

"Lindsey, there's more to it though..." She starts

"That's nice...tell me about it later." Lindsey brushes her off and closes his eyes. 

"No, I..." She's cut off by loud snores coming out of him. She just huffs and crosses her arms before getting out of bed and going downstairs, her hands falling to her baby bump. 

***

She gets in her dress first, normally she makes her clients do hair and makeup first but she didn't want to risk Lindsey seeing her bump. The dress wasn't anything special. It had a crushed velvet sweetheart corset-like top, but it stopped just at her waist, where her belly was starting to show was chiffon, and slightly sucked in by tights, camouflaged well, she made sure of that. She had her black high heeled boots on her feet and she had a leather jacket that ended where the chiffon began. She was puffing and fluffing her hair when Lindsey came up to her and kissed her temple rubbing her shoulders. 

"So what did you want to tell me?" He asks.

"It's nothing important. It can wait." She smiles up at him. 

"Are you sure?" Lindsey asks.

"I am. Your suit's in your closet." She replies.

"I'll go put it on. Can you do my tie?" He asks.

"Always." She answers. 

***

Walking the red carpet, Lindsey had her plastered to his side until they approached Madonna.

"Madonna who are you wearing?" The interviewer questions. 

"I'm wearing Stevie Nicks." Madonna smiles shifting the train of the silver spandex dress. 

"Which is lucky because she just walked up behind you." The interviewer laughs as Madonna turns around to come face to face with Lindsey and Stevie.

"Hey, you look wonderful." Madonna gasps hugging the fashion designer. 

"Lindsey, you're presenting an award tonight for Madonna's category are you excited?" The interviewer questions.

"I am yeah. It was happy to be asked to present." Lindsey grins.

"And I'm assuming you are also wearing Stevie Nicks?" 

"Always." Lindsey grins.

"Stevie, you've had a lot of gray colors this season, any particular reason?" The interviewer asks.

"Well, I wouldn't say so. All of the outfits that I designed on this red carpet tonight were custom made so if gray was the color chosen, gray was the color chosen." Stevie states. 

"Well, you look lovely. Are you glad to have Lindsey back, he's been on tour for what seems like months now."

"I am glad to have him home, I miss him when he's away and the reconnecting afterward is the best part." Stevie grins as Lindsey pulls her into him and kisses her head. 

***

Madonna won the category that Lindsey presented and they hugged each other a little too long for Stevie's liking. Then at the after-party, a blonde she didn't know was hanging off of Lindsey and he started buying her drinks. It was then that she pulled him out of the after-party and called a car.  She was sulking all the way home. When they entered their house Stevie threw her jacket off of her and started heading up the stairs. 

"WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM?" Lindsey calls after her.

"MY FUCKING PROBLEM IS THAT YOU SEEMED AWFUL COZY WITH HER TONIGHT!" She screams.

"AWFUL COZY WITH WHO?"

"THAT BLONDE CHICK AT THE AFTER-PARTY. WHAT'S HER NAME?" 

"Stevie..." 

"WHAT'S HER NAME?" 

"Kristen...her name is Kristen. She's a Rolling Stones photographer. We met at one of my concerts but nothing is going on." 

"NOTHING IS GOING ON, SHE WAS PRACTICALLY UNDRESSING YOU WITH HER EYES!" 

"OKAY, LET'S MOVE ON.  WHAT WAS IT THAT YOU SAID ON THE CARPET...OH YEAH HOW YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO RECONNECT. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BROADCAST OUR SEX LIFE LIKE THAT?" 

"I NEVER DIRECTED IT AT SEX. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO RECONNECT DON'T YOU THINK? BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH ME WHY DON'T YOU CALL THAT TWENTY-YEAR-OLD BITCH" She screams as he pushes her against the bed. 

"You know, she actually treats me nicely." He says menacingly.

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN!" 

As their argument heated up the clothes came off and very soon Lindsey had her on all fours and he was squeezing his hands into her stomach. He had made a snide comment about how she was gaining weight which in turn caused her to wall off and punch him in the stomach which ended with her pinned the way she was. And as she was fighting against him she felt a pain and she tensed. 

"Lindsey, Lindsey, get off of me." She gasps.

"Why, you know you like this bitch." 

"No, Lindsey stop...STOP you're hurting them." She calls. He removes his hands and pulls out completely. 

She has tears in her eyes as she slowly turns back over and starts soothing her hand over her lower stomach. 

"What do you mean I'm hurting them?" Lindsey questions. 

"The baby clothes Lindsey...what I wanted to tell you when you got home." She looks down sniffling. 

"Stevie, are we?" He asks swallowing thickly.

"Four months." She replies. 

"Your birthday?" He questions.

"The doctor thinks so." She nods. 

"Well, then we should get you to the hospital if you're hurting." He starts panicking.

"No, the pain stopped when you let go of me. I don't think I'm bleeding." She shakes her head looking between her legs. 

"Stevie I'm sorry." He states.

"How long have you been sleeping with her?" Stevie sniffles.

"Stevie, I've not..." 

"Lindsey," She growls. She knows, a woman always knows.

"We met in April, but we didn't sleep together until I was in London. She was on an assignment there, but that was the only time Steph. I swear." He states.

She just nods, tears welling in her eyes. She cries for a minute but then she just packs a couple of bags.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Anywhere but here." She says throwing on a jean maternity dress she had made herself.