Chp. 9

Third Person's P/O/V

-New Canaan, Connecticut-

A large, white mansion sat surrounded by luscious green trees and a variety of plants, an old styled car sat in the drive way, shaded by the trees.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-

A portrait of a woman in her 50s and her little dog, hang on a wall, with a golden frame. A man around the same age as the woman in the portrait walked passed it and two young ladies, who were maids of the house.

"Now, now." The man sighed with a British accent. "I know it's a terribly sad day. Bunny LaCroix was a good woman, a fair employer with a kind heart." He looked down sadly, his back slumming forward as if an anchor weighed him down. "But there is work to be done." He quickly stated his body regaining its original posture. "In less than twenty-four hours, the LaCroix family will descend upon this estate for the funeral and the reading of the will, and it is our duty to make sure this manor's in tip-top shape." He informed. "We owe that much to Bunny." He sighed as he looked up at the portrait. He then turned to one of the maids, her hair was long, and she was a head taller then the other maid. "Colette. To the master closet. I'd like you to select Mrs. LaCroix's wardrobe for the burial." He said to her, she nodded. He then turned to the other maid and commanded, "Olivia. Please make sure all the lavatories are spotless."

"Why do I have to-" Olivia began to complain, but the butler immediately interrupted.

"Now, now. You're still the new hire. Colette has seniority." He said pointing at the first maid, who gave the shorter made a cocky smirk. He looked at both of them, then clapped his hands, startling them. "Chop-chop. There's no time to waste."

The two maids then scattered and went on to do as they were commanded.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Colette was in her master's closet, gathering different articles of clothing for her master's passing. She grabbed a few different dress suits and dress shirts. Once she had picked the pair she wanted she went on to the brooches, holding them next to the coat to see which would match perfectly. She grinned when she had found the right one, she then set it next to the coat. She then went on to the jewelry, but when her eyes glazed over the many pearls and jewels that sat in the box, she noticed the pearl necklace. She reached for it, her fingers slowly wrapping around the white pearls. She looked at herself in the mirror, then hooked the necklace on. She smiled at her reflection, but the sound of a thud had caught her ear.

She walked out of the closet, looking around with a confused look on her face, but she remained cautious. When she found no one to be there, she turned around, only to be met face to face with an angry Bunny LaCroix. A look of terror fell on Colette, as he face began to grow pale. She began to walk backwards, as Ms. LaCroix sauntered after her.

"But... Y-You're dead." She stuttered. Ms. LaCroix grabbed the pearl necklace and roughly pulled it from her neck. All the pearls falling to the ground. The sudden movement, caused Colette to fall back and over the railing. She fell until she crashed into the glass table that caught her fall. LaCroix looked over the railing as Phillip came running up a different flight of stairs, horror filled his face as he stared at the lifeless body. He looked up at LaCroix, who's emotions did not exist on her face as she looked down at Phillip.

"What have you done?" Phillip asked in horror. But, LaCroix did not reply, she just walked away, as Phillip was left to take care of the dead body.

-

Dean and Deana were by Baby, Dean screwing the grill, securing it. While, Deana just sat there and watched.

"You are not very helpful, you know that?" Dean asked as he pushed himself off the ground and faced Deana, who was positioned against the car. She shrugged at his comment, Dean rolling his eyes at her reply.