"And as for you, Kathaleen, you must be aware of the significance of responsibility that was handed to you for tonight. Heading the kitchen on a party night is no easy task. You have to do the job with extreme diligence. Normally I would not appoint someone new for this duty but because Irene had suggested your name before leaving to tend her ailing mother, I am going to put my trust in your capabilities."

She paused to take a pump of lotion in her hand and rubbed it in as she continued.

"The Gilani house parties are the talk of the town for weeks. There will be very important people coming tonight and by no means will I tolerate any mistakes. The food and the service must be the very best, and you will make sure of that. I hope that is clear?"

"Yes ma'am." Kathaleen nodded and bowed her head slightly.

"Ali will go over the details one more time with you and you will have to report to him regularly."

She turned her gaze to Ali, still looking at them through the reflections in the mirror.

"Ali, it's your responsibility to make sure the rest of the kitchen staff obey her and follow her instructions to the t. You know the stakes are high. Don't let me down."

"Of course ma'am. Rest assured, I will personally look after everything tonight, and this party too, will be a major success like all other Gilani parties."

He nodded his head a little before he left with Kathaleen at their madam's signal and closed the door behind him. The dressing room was filled with tranquil silence again as Faiza Gilani continued to get ready for the night.

_________________________

Location: Conference room, Gilani Office HQ, downtown Budapest

Time: 5 pm, 1 hour 30 minutes before the party

The conference room went silent. All the eyes were looking in one direction, towards the end of the table, waiting for a decision to be made.

He was looking at the presentation slide with great intent and drumming the tips of his fingers on the table. After five minutes had passed one of the executives sitting close to him spoke.

"Sir, I think we should go ahead with the deal. It looks quite promising and fulfils all the necessary requirements for the plant. It could be very profitable for the company."

The man sitting in the shadows on the hefty leather chair leaned forward. His face had become more visible to the people sitting near the other end.

"Could be profitable. I'm not denying. But Mr Kovács I would like to speak with your boss before making a call. So as of now, I am going to keep the decision to myself. I hope you are okay with that?"

He flashed a cold smile to the man standing in front of the projector screen.

"Sure sir. As you like it. I will talk to Mr Nebrovsky and ask him to get in touch with you."

"Yes I would appreciate that," he nodded.

Before anybody could ask for a closing statement he stood up and buttoned up his tailored blazer that snugly fit around his curved frame.