Chapter 6: The Warmth That Used To Be In His Smiles.

Welcome back! It's taken a long time (yet again ><) but here I am with the 6th chapter!

Firstly, I shall attempt to make you all cry with this video because Aomine's change broke my heart.

Next, have fun reading as usual and comment lots!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

"Sei."

"Hmm?"

"I like the way you are now very much."

"My thanks?" He smiled.

"So no matter how much you have to change in the future, only the way you treat me can't be changed, alright?"

Akashi's hand stopped before he leaned forward and place a kiss as soft as the gentle look in his eyes on her forehead.

"Y-...you! You did it again!" A fierce blush appeared all the way to the tips of her ears.

"Only towards you, nothing will ever change the look in my eyes." There was a rare cheeky glint along with his usual gentleness in The Emperor's eyes as he smiled at her. "Does my answer satisfy you, Kei?"

"Un!"

Third POV

"She... she can't stop smiling..." Momoi swallowed as she whispered.

"That Kuroko Tetsuya should just run. He can't really be thinking of letting that monster train him, can he? I mean, just look at Midorima! If even Midorima barely made it out alive, I don't see how he can actually survive." Aomine muttered.

"I would like to implore you stop reminding me of those few months." Someone seated on the bench behind them pushed up his glasses with a visible tremble in his hands.

"Ah sorry, Midorin..." Momoi smiled sheepishly before turning to the male in a shōgi match against Midorima. "Aka-chan, don't you think we should just put Kumi-chan in charge of this? If this Kuroko Tetsuya is really as strong as Kei-chan has mentioned, isn't it best we don't scare him right off the bat?"

She tried to put in a few words for the poor fellow.

"Right?! I think so too. His physique didn't look that good too." Aomine also added with genuine concern.

"I do agree," Even Akashi has to pause from his Shōgi match and reconsider with a worried frown. "but..."

"'But'?"

He glanced at the girl who was still smiling to herself as she created the training menu for the poor soul and the rest of them followed his line of sight.

"She looks so excited I can't stop her..."

Timeskippy

"Tetsu!" She looked up at the figure who has just entered.

"Hey... he really came..." Aomine gulped. "When did he come? How come I didn't even notice him?"

"So this is... Kuroko Tetsuya?" Momoi took a good look at the light blue haired male doubtfully. "He doesn't look... very strong."

"I agree." Midorima pushed up his glasses.

"She said he's the trump card we'll be needing for our first competition." Nijimura, who has brought Kuroko over to the gym used exclusively by the first-strings, joined them and said nonchalantly as he looked over the training papers in his hands. "But to be personally trained by her... I hope she understands that to be a trump card, he needs to be alive first."