Chapter 15: The Broken Mask. The Empress' Zone.

As always, a new chapter always starts with this author apologizing... hehe...

I have taken another loooong period to write this. Writer's block ughhh. Or, in my case, just laziness...

Regardless, thank you all for never giving up and still coming back to this fanfic! I understand how frustrating and disappointing it is to always check if something has been updated or not.

In my genuine defense... there has been a lot of good manga/anime/manhua/manhwa/drama/movie popping up these days!!! TT^TT There is not enough time to read everything...

Anyway, anyway, enough excuses! Despite all these temptations, thanks for still opening this chapter!!

So, have fun~!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

"You are taking too big of a risk." Riko tried once more to dissuade this stubborn player of hers.

'Since the start, I have always been living on borrowed time. This much, cannot faze me at all.'

"When is there not a risk to obtain something? Isn't that right, Riko-senpai?"

"How did I end up with such a stubborn player?" Riko sighed.

"That's what Daiki always say," she grinned. "Don't worry. A victory here is not my final goal."

Seirin, Substition, Number 0.

Third POV

"Keiko!" As they watched the masked figure walking onto the court, despite their reluctance to let her play, there was a relief that only the Empress' overwhelming presence could bring.

She smiled, "I figured you guys could need a little help."

'Is what I said but...'

She was feeling a little light-headed. Now, she was starting to understand why Tommy had been so insistent that she did not get in the rain. The consequence for that had been a consistent dull pain ever since that day.

A dull pain that seemed to be slowly sucking away her energy and her life force and while she had tried her best not to show it in front of Akashi or Seijuro, she wasn't sure how long she could continue this facade.

He would be angry if he knew and while she did not want to worry him, the fact that her deepest wish was to bring them back will not be easily changed.

"Kei-chin..." Murasakibara stepped forward, purple eyes lighting up in eagerness to welcome her onto the court.

"I would like it if you don't bully my teammates so much, Atsushi," the Empress shook her head with a sigh.

"It's their fault for being weak." The Giant grumbled, feeling very very wronged.

"Murasaki-kun, I cannot agree." Kuroko appeared out of thin air and interjected.

"Indeed, no one knows until the end of the game," Keiko agreed.

Murasakibara frowned. Was it not enough that she had chosen Seirin instead of coming to his school? Now, she was even so blatantly playing favorites and siding with Kuroko. Could his presence be even weaker than Kuroko's in her eyes?

"If I win today, will you transfer to my school?" he turned to her and asked.

Before she could reply, Kuroko stood forward and cut in with his usual blank expression. "Murasaki-kun, it does not matter if Keiko-chan had bought you sweets from America. She will not be transferring to Yosen High."