Chapter 2: Seirin VS Shutoku. Regaining Those Whom She's lost.

Alright~ ! Without wasting anymore of your time, let's quickly start off with a timeline since it's a little confusing! Actually to tell the truth, it's more for me. >< because of my goldfish memory and all that... heheh...

____________________________
Her Timeline:

First life
Age 7:
- A fire burnt down the Rei Household.
- She was left with no memory of the past.

Middle school 1st year:
- Recruited into Teiko's Basketball Team.
- Fell in love with Akashi Seijuro.

Middle school 2nd year:
- Found out by parents that she was secretly playing basketball in Teiko's Basketball Team.
- Planned(she only found out later later) car accident.
- Woke up 5 months later.
- Forced to leave Japan for America. (Later became known as The Empress in America)

2 years later...

High school 1st year:
- Returned and secretly lived in a flat. (Reason for return unknown)
- Entered Seirin's Basketball Team.
- Played against Akashi Seijuro. (Reason for defeat unknown)
- Left Seirin.

5 years later...

- GoM became too strong.
- She came back.
- Before dying, received a green pendant.
- Revived.

Second life
Middle School 2nd year:
- 5 months later, started living in the flat.
- 2 years later, entered Seirin.

____________________________

That's it and as usual, the pictures I used do not belong to me!

With that, let's begin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recap:

The moment he stopped trusting her, the mistakes that he could have easily spotted were all blinded by his anger.

One day, when he starts questioning his belief -or lack of- he would finally realize what he had missed.

By then, if only it wouldn't be too late...

Third POV

"You're getting worse as time goes by." The homeless man frowned as he watched the girl covered in her usual mask flopping down beside him.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired." She closed her eyes as she leaned her head against the railing with a small smile. "I'll just rest here for a little while."

"Milady-..." he started but whatever he had wanted to say in his impulse was immediately stopped in his throat.

'No, it's not the right time yet.'

"Why do you keep calling me 'Milady' anyway?" She opened her eyes slightly and asked nonchalantly.

He smiled in reply.

Yet underneath that smile, was a pain of knowing something too burdensome to know alone. He hid a secret no one must know until the time was ripe yet, being unable to do a thing but wait was also an agonizing task.

But no matter what, it was a duty imposed on him upon their death and he would do whatever it takes to accomplish it.

"'Why?'" He chuckled with a knowing wink. "Well, merely because you are one, aren't you?"

She remembered never telling him anything about her family but took it as him knowing due to his prediction ability and all that.

But on a closer look, if she had any chance in the years that she has known him to see beneath the messy hair that covered half his face...