Chapter 17

(A/N- Hello! Sorry I couldn't upload a lot last week, I was getting my results, and some were just downright depressing. This is going to be a short chapter because I need to get back to the real world even if I don't want to. It's dedicated to @Shruthirajesh. She's a wonderful friend and fellow fangirl who can stand my 'No shit, Sherlock' expression. Anyways, I'm planning to do the National Novel Writing Month in December. It's basically writing a full novel in a month. I think I might like it. So if any of you want to do it, go on. I also wanted to promote my other fanfic, a Loki/OC here. Yeah, I need more readers for it, or I think I'm going to stall it (not like it already is). So please read, vote and comment on it if you are interested. Thank you! Live long and prosper.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the Baker Street Trio, as John called themselves, went to New Scotland Yard to meet DI Lestrade. Jane was leaning against the desk, with her arms crossed across her chest and Sherlock near the window, staring outside. John was sitting opposite Lestrade, who was seated in his seat as usual. Lestrade broke the silence by talking about the crying woman and how two men broke into her house, forced her to drive to the car park, and decked her out in enough explosives to take down a house. He looked as Sherlock as he said, "Told her to phone you. She had to read from this pager."  

Graham placed a pager on the table as John took it in his hands to observe it. "And if she deviated by one word," said Sherlock. "The sniper would set off." Jane nodded in absently, not paying attention to what was happening around her. "Or if you hadn't solved the case," added John. Sherlock walked back to the window and murmured to himself," Oh. Elegant."

John raised his head as he sighed in exasperation. "Elegant?" he asked. "Yes, elegant and classy," said Jane, suddenly snapping out of her trance. "You see, he's no ordinary bomber. No. He is a dramatist, he wants an audience, and wants to put up a show. It's ingenious." John's jaw was on the ground as Lestrade stared at her, shocked by what she had just said. Sherlock didn't say or show anything, he only turned his back to Jane and kept staring out of the window. 

"But what was the point?" asked Lestrade, finally coming out of his shock. "Why would anyone do this?" Sherlock replied," Oh, I can't be the only person in the world that gets bored." You forgot to mention me, thought Jane. But before she could voice her thoughts, the pink phone beeped. John turned around and activated the phone as a voice said, "You have one new message."

Sherlock walked to the desk, as John played the voicemail. There were three short beeps, followed by a long beep. "Four pips," stated John. Jane gave him a look which said," No shit, Sherlock." 

"First test passed, it would seem," said Sherlock. "Here's the second." He showed a picture of a close-up of a car with the driver's door open. The number plate was clearly visible, showing the characters BJ06 ZHT. John, Jane and Garfield got up to take a closer look, as a phone rang in the main office outside. 

"It's abandoned, wouldn't you say?" asked Jane. "I'll see if its reported," replied Gavin as he picked up his phone. Just then, Sgt. Donovan came in, holding another phone. "Freak," she said. Jane wanted to kill that woman. "It's for you," continued the woman, unaware of the looks Jane was giving her. Sherlock walked over to Donovan, slightly brushing his fingers against Jane's arm to reassure her it was alright. It was strange though, she felt uncomfortable if someone insulted him. Maybe this is what love is, he thought. John sat down and Jane relaxed, as Sherlock entered the main office to attend to the phone call. 

"Hello?" asked Sherlock. 

"It's okay that you've gone to the police," said the voice of a frightened young man. 

"Who is this? Is this you again?"

"But don't rely on them, or on your darling Jane Marcus. She is only going to use you." 

Is it true? asked Sherlock to himself.