Chapter 3

(A/N-Hello! Thank you for the votes on the previous chapter! I really appreciated it. I have decided to keep a regular uploading pattern for the week. So updates will be done on Monday, Thursday and Sunday. Here is the next part. Enjoy! Live long and prosper.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she began searching for hidden cameras in the living room, a gunshot was heard.

Jane immediately jumped to the floor, laying on her front with her eyes shut tight. She expected a wave of pain which never came. She heard a few sparks and after a few seconds, she rolled onto her back. She saw Moriarty stand over her, a gun in one hand and a burnt spy camera in another. Jim held out a hand for her to take, which she reluctantly took. Jane stood up and walked over to the couch, gesturing for Jim to sit and talk. 

"Explain." she said simply. "I have come to take you Jane." he replied, saying her name delicately. He leaned into her and whispered,"Or should I say Stardust?" Jane's entire posture stiffened as she moved away from Moriarty, her eyes wide in shock and her entire body trembling.

"Stardust and Willy in a tree, S-O-L-V-I-N-G." sang Moriarty in a high-pitched, haunting voice. "Don't ...please..." was all Jane could say. "I don't know how you got that name though,"he continued. "Probably something only Willy called you." "Don't call him that," she snapped. Jim instantly grabbed her wrist, squeezing it; causing Jane to wince and try to pull away from Moriarty's grip.

"You will come with me...or else something bad will happen to Willy." Jim said darkly, whispering the last word in her ear, almost touching it with his lip. Jane's eyes were wide with fear and horror, as Moriarty stood up and offered her a hand. She carefully took it, and looked at her flat for one last time before leaving with him. 

As the two of them left the flat, a black and expensive-looking car drove up to the street and Jim ushered Jane into the backseat. He followed Jane and closed the door, seating himself next to her, who was now pushed against the opposite door, trying to keep her distance from Moriarty, but in vain. 

"You don't have to be scared of me, kitten." he purred in her ear, one hand around her waist and another playing with the hem of her shirt. Jane tried to avert her gaze, but Jim took one hand from her waist and used it to turn her face towards him and looked into her dark brown eyes. He took a moment to see how her eyes reflected his self and how they were the same shade as his. Even her hair was of a dark brown colour, very similar to his. Jane mirrored his feelings for her, it was like the two were made for each other. He looked away and moved to the other side of the car, looking out of the window.

Jim could not help but remember the time when the two of them were younger....

Flashback

A 20 year old Jim Moriarty stepped into the library, instantly making his way to the mystery and suspense section, his favourite because they were what interested him the most. As he was searching for a good read, his eyes fell on a girl of about the same age as him, sitting at a desk, reading a leather-bound book he knew was all about murder and gore. She had dark brown hair, a slightly tanned complexion with a moderately tall and slim frame.

Jim was intrigued by this girl, who did not seem to flinch while reading, but instead, seemed to enjoy the book a lot. Jim decided to strike up a conversation, but before he could say a word, she shot up, closing the book and walking away. Jim immediately followed her till a turn, where he saw she was not there. He looked around for her, adamant to find her. As he walked across a shelf, a figure grabbed his wrist and pulled him into an empty row, where a hand shot up to cover his mouth. 

Jim saw the same girl, her eyes dangerously shining, and the book on a desk next to her. She took her hand which covered his mouth and put it on her hip. "Why were you following me?" she demanded. Jim shrugged his shoulders and replied," It isn't everyday you find a girl who reads Rodenshire and enjoys it." in a cocky, Irish accent. She smiled slightly and held out a hand. 

"Jane. Jane Marcus." she introduced herself. "That isn't your real name is it?" he asked. "No." she replied, grinning and shaking her head while looking down. Jim found this rather interesting and ...nice. "Jim," he said." Jim Moriarty." He took her hand and lightly kissed her knuckles, making her blush and step back and mock curtsy, making Jim laugh. He mock bowed and snapped his fingers. A slow music was heard in the background, making Jane give him a surprised look.

Jim just laughed and held a hand in front of Jane. "Would the beautiful lady have the pleasure of dancing with me?" he asked in a very posh British accent. Jane straightened her back, and replied in an equally posh accent, The pleasure would be all mine, good sir."

They laughed and danced for a long time, Jim gracefully taking the lead, spinning and turning Jane at the right times. When the song was on the last few notes,Jim dipped her at the back, bringing her back up, their faces only centimeters away from each other. Jim closed his eyes and was about to close the gap between them with his lips, when a strong force pulled Jane away. 

"Get away from my girlfriend." a tall,intimidating man, who looked like he was in his early 20s said. "I am not your girlfriend." Jane shouted as she slapped the man across the face, giving Jim time to escape from his grasp. "You...."the man said, raising his voice. He was about to hit Jane, but fell down before it, a large wound on the back of his head bleeding profusely. "That took care of him,"Jim muttered under his breath before making his way to Jane, who was leaning on the desk, looking pretty unfazed at the sight of the dead man in front of her.

"Thanks for that." she said, as Jim went and stood next to her. He put a comforting arm around her shoulder. "Anytime." he replied. They left after a few seconds, leaving the blood stained book there.

End of Flashback

"Do you remember how we first met?" asked Jane. It was true. They did mirror each other perfectly. "Was just thinking about it darling." Jim replied as he put an arm across her shoulder, pulling her close to him. "Do you remember the music?' he asked her. "La Gazza Ladra...love it Jim." Do you want to dance now?" he asked as he took her hand. "The pleasure is all mine, good sir." she relpied, smiling warmly and following Jim into the old dance school as they disappeared into the darkness.

(A/N- Just so you know, Rodenshire is a name I made up. And La Gazza Ladra is my favourite music piece.)