Chapter Ten

The previous time:

I looked at Lucy who smiled at me. On the other hand, Happy who was sitting on the bar pouted and crossed his arms. I chuckled lightly and I caressed his head as he started to purr. I stayed like that with Lucy, Happy and the titmouse when....

Present time:

Third person POV :

"Hey fireball!!!" Gray shouted and gained the attention of the salmon haired boy and the other guild members. "...Fight me!!!" He challenged the boy with white wings, with a smug look on his face and the guild members were dumbstruck while a few sweat drops.

On the other hand, Natsu looked at his face carefully from his seat. He slightly narrowed his eyes and raised one eyebrow. Gray didn't move from his spot and his expression didn't change even a little bit. After a good minute of Natsu observing him the winged boy turned around on his seat and continued caressing the blue exceed and whistling the same tune as the titmouse like nothing had happened and totally ignored the ice wizard.

"Hey!!! I'm still here you know!!!" Gray shouted as he clenched his fists and stomped on the ground.

Natsu just sat there and didn't even acknowledge the mage's presence at all as he was resting his head on his hand on the counter with a small smile. Even though he didn't look like that, on the inside he really was enjoying the small tantrum of the ice-make wizard and he was mentally laughing. He didn't know why but he didn't like him one bit. Whether it was his magic, his personality or his appearance he just couldn't stand one minute with Gray.

While he was mentally enjoying that he was annoying the ice wizard, Lucy was trying desperately to suppress a laugh as she was covering her mouth with one hand and she had puffed her cheeks, small giggles escaping through her hand and lips. She hadn't expected to see the angel boy doing such a thing and she found it amusing, seeing the ice mage like that. Even when Gray was fighting with Gajeel, you didn’t receive this kind of reaction very often.

Erza was looking at them with an opened mouth and wide eyes while her brows twitched from time to time as she remembered the table and the crater. She had the feeling that right now with Natsu, who she thought was worse and more destructive than Gajeel and Gray, though this time they will surely destroy the guild-hall completely.

Wendy was sitting next to Erza with Carla in her arms. She was tilting her head to the side, her eyes widened that had swirls in them trying to proceed what was going on but it was too much for her head to process. Carla who was in Wendy's arms just sweat dropped.

"I'm serious flame brain!!!" Gray shouted once more as he bringed his fist upward and stepped forward.

Natsu sighed before he took up his board and wrote something on it. He turned around on his seat and showed the board to Gray with a serious look on his face.

'I'm not fighting.' That was everything that was written on the board.

"What?! " Gray asked, shock written all over his face.

'I'm not fighting. I'm serious. I have only fought with angels, demons and my foster father Igneel. I have never been in a hand-to-hand combat with humans and I know that this won't end very well. I don't want to hurt anybody. For that I refuse to fight.' Natsu wrote again before he turned around with his back to Gray.

While Gray continued his tantrum Natsu spaced out, isolating every single sound in the room as his eyes stared somewhere in the distance and his expression saddened. Flashbacks from his training in heaven rush through his head. He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes.

"Natsu..." Lucy quietly called out his name but he couldn’t hear her. It looked like only Lucy saw the change in Natsu's mood along with Happy who felt that he wasn't being caressed anymore and the little bird.