Chapter 27

COLE'S POV

She gave off a loud laugh and was gasping for air. She thought I want being serious and was only joking but I am indeed a werewolf.

"Maria I'm serious.. Babe please stop laughing and listen. "

I sighed trying to calm her down from her laughter. If I wasn't being serious then I would have laughed with her. 

"Oh... Oh. Oh my g-god you're so full of jokes love.  Quite a good one too. " she barely could speak and was catching her breath.

"Babe stop laughing and hear me out. "

"Okay okay okay!  Geez but it was a good joke. "

"No it's not,  it's the truth! "

"You don't seem like a werewolf Cole,  why would you be plus don't tell me that Laylana can turn into a wolf!?  Oh God that's a lot of shaving to do. "

"Maria I am telling you the truth. Did you ever notice why they're are a lot of staff in the house or why it's under security all the time?  Me nor Rieka nor Laylana ever gave you a tour in our community cause we are protecting you from us! "

"Cole... " she spoke softly and touched my temple and neck gently.

"I'm not sick Maria,  everyone who lives in this community are werewolves. Werewolves each belong to a pack and those aren't are called Rouges. I am the Alpha here though I used to be before I got blind. Rieka's a seer meaning she can foresee the future or talk with the mother moon and Josh is my beta or second in command. We shift into huge wolves with or without the moon though we do praise the moon as our goddess. She gives and bless us with mates and you are my mate Maria!  I want you,  need you and love you.  I vow to stay beside you and only, only your needs before mine. "

"No,  you're only pranking me a joke.  I believed you when you said there was a centipede at my purse yesterday but you suddenly threw a fake one at my face!"

"Please babe believe me,  I am telling you the truth.  What would it take for you to believe me that I am werewolf? "

"Then shift into one I guess?!  I don't know you've been collaborating with your niece on pranking me the past days. If you say you're a werewolf then go ahead.  Shift! .... Or maybe not, idk. Prove it. " she spoke confidently.

I gave out a puff and was arguing with Randy that she didn't knew what she was dealing with.  We both know we were gonna freak her out.  Here goes nothing.

"Alright but promise me you won't leave me. "

" I promise. " and we both made a picky swear.

"You can freak out babe.. Just don't desert me after this..." I mumbled and taking breaths.  I haven't shift in such a long time and if I do then it'll hurt but since Maria is here it wouldn't be. Then come again rejection is much more painful.

I could feel Randy taking over and my body slightly trembling when I Crouched down. My knuckles turned white then fur started growing everywhere in my body. Bones twisted,  bend, grew and changed as I morphed into what I am. A part of who I am,  a wolf and a man at the same time. Originally we call ourselves shifters but humans tend to call us werewolves. My panting became growls and nails grew into claws. It took me two minutes to change though before I could do it in seconds. With a couple of training and exercise I can do that again or can I?

MARIA'S POV

I didn't knew he was this serious. He changed into a werewolf for me,  a girl he barely knew. But come again I am his mate and he's my beloved,  it's a win win we're both stupid for each other. 

He was in his lycan form,  black as coal and eyes somehow seem like it was made from silver though it seems white cause it was damaged. 

He's my beloved I shouldn't be scared but

He looks like.. He looks like Alpha Calden... But younger.

The bastard who killed my innocent baby,  my Avery.

I didn't even notice that I was trembling in fear and my face was pale. My eyes almost teared out,  his lycan looks exactly.. It's so close though the color differ. I am scared?  Those years of training seemed nothing..

The lycan stand proudly with his tall form,  taller than Cole almost seven feet like Damian. He then slowly Crouch down to smell me. His snout gently touched my nape that I feel electricity bolted me down not with love sparkles but fear.  He then notices it and tried to touch me when I yelped. 

God I am frightened but he's my mate. He must be thinking he scared me but I am not to him but his wolf form.

The wolf whine and shakes his head with a sad howl he ran away.

God he must have though I rejected him already, what the fudge Cole..  He told me I could freak out and don't leave him but he left me. Well this is great!

Standing up was kinda weird since... I knew I was wet from those teasings. Who wouldn't be when you knew it's your soul mate.

"Maria! " I turned to face who called my name though I knew who it was. His smell recked of sex.

"Basile!?  What the fuck are you doing here!"

"Bringing good and terrible news duh. "

"Can't it wait? " I whined.

"Ohhh no way,  you'll love it! " he had a smirked at his line.

"Ughhh fine but cover up your scent before the warriors notice and I have to return this basket back home first. " my mouth mumbled.

"Fine fine fine,  either way we both know this facade with this dog wouldn't long. "

"I know... But having this mean so much for me, can you live without Czarina?"

"Fuck yes and no! "

"Basile I'm serious!!! " I growled.

"Okay fine I can't but lusting out with others is my nature. There's nothing she can do about it and neither me. We were born like this,  this is who we are. If you wanna see your son alive again then leave him!!! " his eyes turned red as he glared at me.

"A few more days please... " placing my hand at his cuffs and silently crying.

"Alright shorty,  only a few more days and that's it. "

Wiping my tears away as Basile handed me his handkerchief.

"Come on tell me what's the big news?"

"We have finally caught Adeena's lover,  not so hard to find after all. "