Chapter 21

"Atticus are we going to the park or not? "

"We are, wait a second I still have to send this email to Mark. " he muttered and was done typing down on his laptop's keyboard then send.

"There I'm done, just let me take a quick snack before going out. " he Shook his hands and walked towards the refrigerator.

"Honestly are you going to burn under the sun? If you don't feed blood before heading out?'

"Not really but irritated by it. "

"Ohhh... I thought you didn't needed blood? "

"I do but I refused to depend on it on time to time. It just feels wrong. " Atticus muttered and open the bottle's cap then took a drink.

"Oh I understand that part, the moment where you just wanna taste the awfully sweet smelling blood!" She paused then continued, "but you can't and shouldn't. Maria's blood smells amazing right?"

"Yeah sometimes I push her into blood donation so I can later bought it. " he smirked as obviously a lie. Maria won't refuse him and he doesn't have to push her. She was willingly and so was he in blood. It's their food afterall and they're good friends.

"Really spare Me some!? " Atticus laughed and Shook his head as he noticed Sigmund's red eyes glowing and staring at Laylana. A threat.

"We shouldn't be talking about Maria's blood. " he glazed at Sigmund watching Laylana as a threat. The dog still doesn't trust her completely just respected she was someone Atticus and Maria knew.

"Sigmund watch over the house while me and Laylana went out okay. " he smiled and patted the dog's head when it was Laylana's turn, Sigmund deeply growled and puff before turning around and stiff up his tail in anger. Walking outside his dog door.

"What was that all about? " Laylana asked to her mate.

"He doesn't really trust you yet and talking about Maria's blood upsets him. "

"Ahhh... I'm sorry. "

"It's alright it's in our nature. He'll be back, probably to upset to guard the house now. Well then ready to go to the park ?"

"You're asking me that?  Of course I am! "

It was cloudy and windy that day, perfect day for Atticus but for Laylana she prefers the sun on her skin. People were everywhere, taking a small stroll, reading books, talking, an old elderly feeding the birds. Mothers with their children and father's playing Frisbee or having fetch with their pet dog.

Though one particular thing Laylana caught her eye, a woman perhaps in her early thirties though she looked young. Slender, blond, beautiful and enchanting though her eyes were on her belly. The woman was carrying her husband's child, how she wanted one to have with Atticus. She could be happy, her child wouldn't suffer like her and be happy but what if it's another girl like her? 

Would the Vampire King come to kill her and her daughter, would Atticus fail to protect her so? 

What would happen?

If only she wasn't a hybrid! If only.. She could have a normal life with werewolves and pack life.  A perfect daughter and sister if Cole isn't a jerk.

"What's wrong Layla? " Atticus asked in concern looking at her facial expression and eyes followed towards the pregnant woman.

Layla her sweet nickname he gave to her.

"Do you think we'll have a child someday?  And ever if it's a girl, would you protect me and her. " her hand squeezed his as he returned the favor and kissed her temple.

"I would gladly do so but it's too early thinking of having a child, I still haven't ask your father yet about courting you properly." He snickered.

"Yeah, I wish he'll agree about this, about us. " she sighed.

"He will, if not then I'll be your Knight and shining armor taking you away from the beast. "

"Hahaha funny and you're one so as your princess. " she giggled.

Atticus locked his fingers with hers even more as they head down the path, sunshine seeping out from the clouds, a bit windy but perfect.

He took her to take a break from their walk in the bench then proceeded to tell her that this was where her mother and father first meet.

Later on someone came unexpectedly.

"Uncle Brendon! " she called and hugged him dearly.

"What brought you here? "

"Atticus send me his word that you're his beloved and is currently staying with him. " her cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"Ohhh... "

She sat back down the bench beside Atticus while her uncle confronted him and her at the same time.

Brendon knew Charles would be furious when he finds out but keeping a mate away from a mate is against the rules in the werewolf community and anyone who goes against it would be executed and dishonored. It is one of the most vital essential of why their existence continues.

"So both of you didn't do it yet? " Brendon asked leaving Atticus awfully blushing.

"No... No we haven't yet... " he responded.

"Good cause we can't have Laylana smelling like you yet and you with her scent. "

"Why? " she asked.

"The vampire King would not take this, he will be mad and without the Queen to calm him. He'll be destructive and merciless. Laylana we both know about what your Great grandmother Rose did."

"What did she do anyway it can't be that bad for the King to kill my mother and me! " she stood up and growled.

"She was the reason why the Vampire King's beloved and child died! "

Her eyes from deep anger calmed down as she heard that, no wonder but is it enough to hold the grudge so much of cursing her entire family for all these years?

"Is this true Atticus?"

"Yes and that's why Brendon is here and your father away. "

"What's happening? "

"Your father is claiming the title as Werewolf King to protect you from the King of Vampires. This is enough to have a stable power in the throne, he's a good man and I see no reason why the other packs wouldn't declare him as King. He helped them when they needed one, provided and well treated."

Laylana curled up in the bench and hug her knees, what did she expect to react or why didn't she notice or informed?

"Where's the Queen? "

"She went away and was currently pregnant at that time, later on kidnapped and locked under the Princess of Witches the second wife of the King. The process of stealing the baby turned upside down and as you know Alpha Calden killed her child having all Werewolves in her wrath. " Atticus spoke.

"Can she help us? "

"Oh she will, but she's busy at the moment." Atticus muttered, everytime he needs to talk with Maria her head was above the clouds and giggling, a smile she used to have when Avery was around. She found her beloved though still haven't told him who, perhaps she wanted it to be a surprise.

"Busy with what? "

"Killing more packs I guess? " Brendon suggested.

"No, she's done slaying each Alpha and packs that collaborated with Calden that attacked her and her child before. "

"Twenty-one packs, some small and mostly large set of wolves in the pack. She killed them all without any second thought. " Brendon muttered.

Sometimes the innocent can become the monster and let everyone perish from a lost of love they once cherish.