Chapter 26

(Please note that Maria is wearing that dress above,  thanks)

It's been two days already after Beach Day and Laylana couldn't stop yapping about what happen between her and Atticus that night and the following days.

Rieka and Maria were both glad and soon the gimmicks and conversation were leading up to a wedding party. Maria knew instantly that Damian will kill all of them if this ever happen,  Atticus and Damien might be friends or acquaintances in the past but a marriage between a Vampire and a werewolf?  That's TABOO!  it's like the first set of laws introduced and mentioned by Philip to Maria when she was having lessons under him.

A hybrid could be born! Hybrids were known to be powerful and dangerous yet with blood intervening. There will be major complications for the child and it's dead. Well it's only rare to have successfully bred a new kind of animals like gryffins are descended from Eagle and Lion Shifters who were mates. She heard stories of hybrids from Basile and Czarina which were quite common in their place but if it's evolves with Vampires and Werewolves,  the King of Vampires would not be pleased. She too does not support an offspring from two creatures for she knew hybrids then to die earlier without a cure. She's happy with her friend's new found happiness yet she couldn't even help her convincing Damian if she wanted too.

"Hey boo,  you listening or what? " Laylana tapped her friend's shoulder.

"I am... I am... " she answered though she knew it was all about.

After a couple more minutes of talking Maria suddenly interrupted Laylana.

"It's a great plan.. "

"What?? " Laylana asked surprised from Maria's statement.

"He wouldn't agree. " she sadly spoke.

"What do you mean?  He wouldn't agree!?  My dad is gonna be a happy man and become a grandfather... Perhaps. " Laylana snickered.

Maria smiled weakly then excused herself. Rieka knew what Maria said, a marriage between a vampire and a werewolf was prohibited at all costs but deep down Laylana knew at some point there happiness wouldn't last too long. So she hopes for the best that Atticus would somehow convince the Queen of Vampires on their side.

COLE'S POV

Feeling this unfathomable joy in my chest is driving me crazy. The memories, thoughts, words, songs and love... Goddess it was all too much to handle and I loved it. The feeling being loved by other was a lot different kind of happiness. Being appreciated and supported in times of need,  she's always there. She's my light in my dark world,  well I am blind but alas her voice. Her voice gets me so tingling and insane that I was wanted to kiss her and held her in my arms forever.

This is sweet europhia that I've been waiting all my life and it was worth it. I am willing to give my life to her,  as an Alpha and werewolf losing her would meant death to the entire pack for I will become an unforgivable and uncontrollable killing predator towards my own pack.

Never would I lose her, never would I let her go. She's my starlight and nightingale of the night. She alone can make me happy and sad, brings be comfort and pain and my life and death.

This is what feels like to love someone and be giving to everything you have,  being foolish and blind. Inconsiderate to what others say for there is only one.

I wanted to make her mine,  stay with me forever,  have her as my luna and lead the pack.

All of those happy thoughts stopped when...

Me and Randy sensed our mate's sadness over from our room that I didn't notice we were out already walking and so close to where her scent was. Talk about those reck vases I knocked over the past years.