Chapter Six

Sarah

After we all packed our belongings necessary for a two-day trip, bought our plane tickets online, and called a taxi, Emily, Rosie, and I were all driven to the airport.

While I thought my sister was a complete nutcase for pulling a random plan to take a vacation to Disney out of nowhere, I found my heart pumping with excitement to get into the taxi car.

"Em, we have to make sure we get to that big store in Downtown Disney so we can get our Mickey ears. We're doing sparkly, right?" I asked, basically already planning our looks.

"Yes," she responded with an equal amount of enthusiasm, reminding me, "You should get those sparkly ones in the new light blue color they just put out! I'll get that rose gold color. Rosie, you can definitely pick your color when we get there. Also clothes, we need merchandise."

My eyes widened, remembering that there was a new blue sparkling color Disney put out. I pulled up the website on my phone browser and began to look at the merchandise.

"What about the rides?! What kind do they have there? I saw on your computer that there are some rides that are big and go fast. I want to do that," Rosie changed the subject, obviously growing bored with our clothing-related discussion.

"Is this your first time going to Disneyland?" the taxi driver's face crumpled into an adoring smile, having overheard our excited backseat chattery.

"We've been there a few times, but it's our- little sister's first time going," Emily replied, glancing toward Rosie. Her eyes widened a bit when she referred to her as our little sister.

"Well, your sisters are going to make sure you have one heck of a fun time, little one," he told her, causing her smile to brighten.

Once we got to the airport, Emily handed the payment to the driver and grabbed my suitcase. Rosie practically shot out of the car like she was a rocket, bursting through the parking structure with energy.

"Hey, wait up!" I called after her, hauling both Rosie's and my suitcases out of the trunk.

"You have a suitcase too!" My sister reminded the younger girl, to which she seemed to screech to a stop and run back to us.

Once we were all checked in with security and got past the gate, we went straight to our gate to avoid missing our boarding time. Thanks to our fast-paced walking, we got boarded to the plane as soon as we got there.

"See? We could've missed the boarding because you drama queens are slow," Rosie sassily pointed out, dramatically allowing herself to collapse into the seat beside my sister's.

"We made it in perfect time, so technically, we had nothing to worry about," I reminded her, shooting Emily a certain look.

"Remember, no name-calling," Emily quickly added, to which the younger girl rolled her eyes.

"Fine, you big-headed diva. I'll make sure not to call the insecure leech by any name that isn't hers," Rosie crossed her arms, raising her chin up in the air.

I glared at the brat, nearly jumping out of my seat as the plane was starting.

"Please keep your seatbelts on as the plane takes off," the attendant reminded me with a tap to my shoulder.

Emily sent an exasperated look to me, pulling my seatbelt back on as she pushed down on one of my shoulders to get me back in my seat.

"Rosie, please. Remember what I told you? It's not nice to say things that hurt other people's feelings," She told the young girl, using a gentle enough tone to make sure she wouldn't feel too bad.