Chapter Eight

Emily

I got to meet Brandon's mom and little sister in California Adventure and hang out with them for a while. He was the sweetest, and I loved his family already. The two of us had split a churro, ridden the two fastest rides in the park with his family, and walked around the pier area together.

I really got to know how fun he was. It wasn't until Sarah texted me that I remembered I had my own family to get back to. Using my sister's location on her phone, I managed to figure she was at Pizza Port, so Brandon and I decided to go together. I wanted them to meet him as well, and maybe the next day, we could join his family at the park.

However, things didn't go as I hoped, introducing my hopefully-soon-to-be-boyfriend to my twin sister and doll-turned-human.

"Stay away from the table!" Rosie yelled at Brandon and me, swinging Sarah's backpack around like a weapon.

"Hey there, Rosie. Where's Sarah?" I asked, assuming my sister gave her too much sugar or something.

"She's getting food for us. And don't sit here! I'm guarding the table!" she growled at Brandon like a little demon when he tried to grab a chair.

"Hey, be nice! He's our friend," I tried to remind her, but her annoyance seemed to worsen.

"Nuh-uh, he's not my friend! He's a stranger creep you went away with and could've been kidnapped like Sarah said!" Rosie argued loudly, glaring at my new friend.

Sarah said that? Sheesh, was she seriously jealous? Being so quiet, she never met boys or tried to make her own friends, so it seemed that she was salty about the situation. Still, why would she tell my doll this? She and Rosie suddenly became best friends while I was hanging out with someone else?

He nervously receded his steps, laughing awkwardly, "Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like that. I'm Brandon, Emily's friend. It's nice to meet you, Rosie."

"Don't apologize," I grabbed his arm, "I'm sorry about her. She's like five, and picks up on random things she sees and hears."

I turned to Rosie, frowning, "Apologize to Brandon, Rosie. That wasn't very nice of you."

"I'm eight, not five!" Rosie hissed, squeezing her hands into fists, "Why do you talk to me like I'm a baby?!"

Sarah came back with her's and Rosie's trays, placing them down on the table.

"Oh, hey Emily. Hi Brandon. What's going on?" She asked, noticing the angry tension.

I turned back to Brandon, "Hey, do you mind giving us a quick minute? I need to talk to my sister."

"Sure Em," he smiled kindly, patting my shoulder. I watched him step outside to give us privacy.

"What was that about?" Sarah asked Rosie while I was turned.

"She said I was five, keeps talking like I'm a baby, and tried to make me let that stranger creep sit at the table you asked me to guard!" She complained, accusing me.

"That- wasn't what I meant," Sarah sighed, "Emily and him are fine to sit here too. I meant not to let strangers that none of us know grab the table so we can use it."

"Why did you tell her that he was a creep, Sarah?! You know this kid has no filter on her mouth! Also you know I'd never go into a dangerous situation blindly! I'm not an idiot!" I asked her, frustrated that she thought I'd get kidnapped by this dude.

She'd literally met him with me, so she had no reason to think he was dangerous! Plus, it was a theme park we went to together, not a bedroom. It was a public place, and there were cameras everywhere.