Chapter Thirteen

Sarah

Gosh, I could not believe what I had contributed to. Thanks to a stupid rivalry I had with someone in my sister's friend group, a fight broke out and now the only person I could even talk to in that school was suspended.

Her permanent record was damaged now, and it was all my fault. If only I'd shut up and kept Emily from getting involved, our chances at getting into a good and far away college together would've been a heck of a lot higher.

I left school early anyway, disregarding the front desk supervisor's instruction to go back to class. I may have had to sneak out through a back exit, but I honestly did not want to be stuck at school without my sister.

I decided to walk home, using the time to think of how I was going to fix things for Emily. She was nearly expelled, and nothing was her fault.

Once I made it back home, I noticed Emily didn't even seem half as upset as I was. She and Brandon were being all lovey-dovey in the kitchen. She'd changed into a green dress for some reason.

Exhaustedly, I sat at the table.

"Oh, thought you weren't supposed to leave school. You get suspended too?" Brandon rolled his eyes laughingly.

"Sarah, you could've asked for a ride back! Don't tell me you walked," Emily frowned, probably having noticed the sweat on my shirt

"I-" I started to tell her, but Brandon cut me off.

"Anyway, you know how my aunt is the director of a modeling agency? Let's just say she saw our selfie and wanted me to talk to a certain cute girl about getting a quick contract signed," the rude interrupting surfer boy told her.

I watched my sister absolutely melt under his gaze.

"You think I can model in Florida?" Emily asked.

Wait, Florida?!

"And stay with me!" Brandon added.

"Really?" My lovesick sister sighed dreamily, leaning in closer to him.