"Oh it's nothing, just some bar fight y'know." She quickly explained, putting the cold drink to her bruised cheek.

"You should have this." The girl tried to put on the pin but got stopped by the owner of it.

"No! You don't understand, I haven't fought in Normandy... I was scared. The war, It truly terrifies me... They were right, I don't deserve this."

Ashley just stared at the young man. Noticing his nervous ticks she felt pity for him.

" Then Why are you here soldier?" She asked looking at the sky.

"To do whatever you tell me to do." Ash chuckled at his answer.

"That's not what I meant... Seriously. What are you doing here? This-"

She put her arms up, gesturing to everything.

"-is clearly not a place for you to be in."

James gave her a ghost smile.
"It's pride. My family wanted to be proud of me. A son, who didn't go to war is not a son.
I-I wanted to study, be a vet but my father didn't wanted me to be in our city, it's dangerous there."

Bluefox nodded, standing up she gestured him to follow her.

They went to her 'house'.

"Here." She said giving him a pile of Ron's clothes and half of the money she owned.

Miller looked at her with a questioning look. "What's that for."

Fox just smiled and said "change, I'll wait outside."

...

"You done?" She asked seeing the boy in slightly oversized clothes.

"What are you doing?" He asked, panicking a little.

Ashley put a hand on his shoulder. "Relax, let's just say... I have a liking of vets soo.. y'know, I'll help you o-"

"No."

The sergeant smirked at that. "No?"

The private looked at Ash with a proud look. "With all Due respect I may not like this place, but I am also not a coward who runs away."

Good boy...

"Fine, if you say so." Blue shrugged her shoulders, kicking a small rock here and there.

"This was a test wasn't it?" He slowly asked looking at the sergeant't boots.

"Yep. You passed it, Congratulations."
She clapped, walking away.

"Wait! What was that about. The test." He walked after Ashley, sitting next to her on the fence and giving back her money.

" a good soldier doesn't have to kill, I'm... glad that you hate this place. Some people didn't came here to fight for the 'country'.
They just came here to fight. You, you're different. You deserve this medal, more than anyone here."
She said, putting the badge on his chest.