"What kind of weapon?", Mon asked.

"A bomb. Filled with Kryptonite dust. It'll irradiate the entire city. Choke them all. No more Myriad.", Max said as Cat approached them on the phone.

"Um, Anderson, do you think you could hold on for just a skosh? Forgive me, but won't that kill Supergirl and Superman?", Cat asked.

"Not if she flies up and detonates it over the city center. Then she and he skedaddled. She won't be able to come back to National City for roughly 50 years. But that's a small price to pay to save the world, right?", Max said.

"What about human beings? Will, they be affected at all?", Mon asked.

"The concussive force to properly displace the Kryptonite dust will result in some losses.", Max said and they were all taken back.

"Hmm, Anderson, I'm gonna have to call you back.", Cat said before hanging up.

"What exactly are we talking about, Max? Losses.", Cat said.

"8% of the population.", Max said.

"8% of the population. 8% of four million people? That is over 300,000 people, Max.", Cat said.

"Versus the seven billion people on the planet that Non wants to turn into zombies.", Max said and everyone looked at Kara.

"Are you seriously considering this?", Mon asked.

"She is. Because she knows it's our only chance. If this spreads from National City, it won't be long before every man, woman, and child, including your children, will be on their knees.", Max said.

"I won't let that happen. I swore to save this world. That's exactly what I'm going to do.", Kara said.

"What if we tell Non we have this weapon? Force him to see reason.", Mon offered and Max scoffed.

"Tell that to Kelly, the office skydiver.", Max said.

"Please, have you no shame?", Cat said.

"No. Not anymore. All I have is my mind. And for how much longer I'm not sure. What I know is that, for every second we don't act, we risk the end of humanity. Time to save the world, Supergirl. Are you with me?", Max asked and Mon looked at her to consider not to do this but he could tell. She wasn't sure what to do.

Midvale

"Alex said you were both on the run. Are you in some kind of trouble with the DEO?", Eliza asked but then they saw Alex in DEO attire and reloading her gun.

"Alex, we've been through this.", J'onn said sternly.

"If you expect me to just watch you fly away, you're out of your mind.", Alex said.

"This is not up for discussion.", J'onn said.

"Alex, I know how brave you are, but you cannot fight this.", Eliza said.

"Yes. Yes, we can. I remember the last time I watched my father walk out that door. It was the worst day of my life. Not finding out whether or not he was coming back, but watching him go. Knowing that whatever happened next, I had no say. That is not me.", Alex explained.

"There's nothing you can do.", J'onn said.

"Yes, there is. If you help me. You can protect me. You can use your telepathy to guard my mind.", Alex said and J'onn paused to think it through.

"All right.", he said and she nodded before hugging her mother.

"Promise you'll come home.", Eliza said.

"I promise. I will try.", Alex said before breaking the hug. "Very, very hard. Mom, there's something that you should know about Dad-", Alex started to say.

"Alex, we should go.", J'onn said.

"What is it?", Eliza asked.

"I'll tell you when we get back.", Alex said but then J'onn turned into his alien form. "We'll see you soon, Doctor.", he told Eliza.

CatCo

Kara & Mon were standing on a balcony, looking out onto the stars when Cat walked on there too. "I've always liked the view out this window. I wish I had it from my office. I like looking at the park. All the people. Mothers pushing their strollers. Kids playing. I wonder which of them will die in Max's moronic attempt to save the city.", Cat said and the aliens sighed.

"I don't know how to fight this. What would you have me do?", Kara asked.

"You could come up with a better plan than irradiating the city and killing thousands of people.", Cat said and then Kara sighed deeply.

"My mother was faced with this decision on Krypton. To act or do nothing. And she chose wrong. I love her, but she didn't save Krypton as she promised. And my planet died. Mon's planet died. Our culture. Our home. Our parents. Everything was just wiped from the stars.", Kara said and Cat exhaled sharply.

"I know you're scared. You're both scared. I am too. But so is Max. And so is Non, for that matter. All of you are letting your fear guide you, but somebody has to find the courage to stand up even though they're afraid. You know, the worst decisions that I've ever made in my life were based on fear. But you showed me that there was another way to be strong, by having faith in people. By believing that goodness would prevail. And because of you, I started letting people in. I even opened up myself up to my assistant, Iria, who helped me see things more clearer, and to help build a better relationship with my son and his ex-girlfriend, who is like a daughter to me. Now, I can't tell you what to do, Supergirl. But if you've taught me anything, you have taught me that hope is stronger than fear. And that is what I think of every time I look at that.", Cat said before pointing at the 'S' on Kara's chest. "You've changed me. And I am not easy to change. And I believe that you can change everyone out there. Not with violence, not with fear. Just be Supergirl. That's all anyone's ever needed from you.", Cat explained and Mon & Kara looked at each other. "Thank you, Cat. That gives me an idea.", Kara said.