myriad

DEO

"Kara- What are you trying to say?", he asked and right then, it seemed he was gone. Like he was in a trance.

"Um. I'm uh saying that I- I know I shouldn't be saying this. And I know I should most definitely be working on myself but it's quite obvious to everyone, and I just can't pretend anymore, Barry..because it's true. I do. I love you, Barry....I'm in love with you.", Kara said but she noticed he wasn't doing anything. Or saying anything. Or even smiling. That worried Kara. "Barry?", Kara asked but then Barry suddenly walked out of the apartment. She followed him quickly but to see her neighbors doing the exact same thing. "Barry!", Kara exclaimed. She then looked back in her apartment and saw Iris walking out in the exact same way as the others. "Iris?", she asked before running to the window and saw everyone in National doing the exact thing. "Oh my God."

That was all Kara could think about. Was just what she confessed a couple of hours ago. She couldn't think of anything less or anything more. And if she wanted to get back to that, she had to fix what her uncle had started.

Kara was hiding in the corner of the DEO as Lucy, Winn & Barry walked sternly to the command center where Non showed up on the screen. "DEO is secure. What are your orders?", Lucy asked.

"Release the prisoners. All but the White Martian. For everyone's sake, leave that one be.", Non said then the screen turned off. Lucy turned to control and pressed a button.

"Warning. Containment Override activated. Cell power dampeners will shut down in two minutes.", the computer said as the three walked to the prisoners' cells. Kara sternly watched as they went, not knowing what to do yet.

The three walked into the cell of a red-haired woman with a dark green suit on. "I know not your face, human. I am Maxima, Queen of the planet Almerac. Open this door and you'll find out exactly what that means.", she said, then the doors did open. She immediately knocked out Winn & Lucy but Barry did nothing. Maxima pinned him to a wall forcefully. "Do you value your life so little you won't fight back?", she asked.

"Myriad has begun on Earth. Non calls you to his legions. You will be the kings and queens of this world, once you swear your fidelity to him.", Barry said in a dull voice.

"Since Superman refused the honor of marrying me. I will pledge allegiance to your Non.", Maxima said.

She & Barry started to walk back to the command center when Kara used her wind breath on them. "Early parole is canceled.", she said before starting to attack Maxima, with a punch but she blocked the punch and punched Kara. Then she took hold of Kara and threw her into the ceiling and as the debris fell down, as did Kara. Maxima tried to step down on Kara but she quickly moved before she could. She flew up into the air then gave Maxima a hard punch, making her fall to the ground. Then Kara picked her up and threw her on a table.

"That tickled.", she said before she punched Kara, sending her to the ground. Then Maxima pinned her down with an evil grin. "We could have been family, Kara Zor-El. I once sought to make your cousin my mate.", she said.

"That is just..gross. Truly dirty. Just eek! Impure. Nasty. Obscene. Smutty.", someone had said behind Kara & Maxima's head. They both looked up to see who it was and Kara smiled in relief to see them.

"And who are you suppose to be?", Maxima asked, then reveled is Mon, in DEO attire, crossing his arms, looking down at Maxima.

"A friend.", he said before grabbing her and throwing her into a wall, where it electrocuted her. Kara got up and faced Mon with a smile.

"You're not affected.", she said suddenly.

"Why would I be affected? I'm still an alien.", Mon said and Kara laughed, realizing he was. But suddenly someone started to shoot kryptonite bullets at them. They looked to see that it was Barry who was shooting. The second bullet he shot, hit Kara in the arm. She grunted loudly as he did, wincing in pain. "Come on.", Mon said as they started to run off, while Kara held her arm. They hid behind some crates but Barry kept shooting. Kara looked into his eyes with her heat breaking that Barry was in this state.

"Barry! You have to fight it. You have to wake up!", she exclaimed as Barry reloaded his gun and began shooting again.

"What now?", Mon asked.

"My pod. I'll set a blast to knock him out. While you turn to deactivate the prisoner release.", Kara said and Mon nodded. Then Kara got up and sped to her pod and turned it as Mon sped to the control system. Kara then pressed a button on the pod, which activated a blue blast, knocking Barry out. Then Mon destroyed the control system.

"Containment override deactivated. Prisoner cell release canceled.", the computer said and Kara & Mon sighed deeply. Then Kara sped over to Barry and laid him in her arms.

"Barry..I'm sorry.", she said before kissing his forehead.

Fortress of Solitude

Kara flew her & Mon there quickly because they both needed to get the answers they needed. "Kelex? Kelex, are you here?", Kara asked out loud as Kelex floated towards them.

"How may I assist you, Lady Kara?", Kelex asked.

"Where is Kal-El? I can't find him anywhere on Earth.", Kara said.

"Kal-El is attending to a matter off-world.", Kelex said.

"Kelex, I need you to tell me about Myriad.", Kara said.

"Warning. This construct is not authorized to discuss Myriad.", Kelex said and Mon stared at him sternly.

"You were designed to obey the members of the honorable House of El and to preserve the memory of Krypton wherever it went. If you don't override your orders, Myriad will destroy the House of El and the memory of Krypton will be lost forever. You will have failed in your prime directive.", Mon said but Kelex started to float away.

"Please. Please! I just need someone to help me!", Kara exclaimed then a hologram of Alura appeared.

"Hello, Kara.", she said and Kara & Mon looked at her.

"Mom.", Kara said.

"Myriad was developed on Krypton by your aunt. It was created to prevent the planet's imminent destruction. We had strangled the planet's resources beyond recovery. The politicians argued, but could not agree on what to do. Thus, according to high records, Astra implemented her own solution. Myriad. Technology designed to force everyone to her way of thinking.", Alura said and both of the aliens were taken back.

"Mind Control.", Mon said.

"When they were caught attempting to use the Myriad technology against the people of Argo City, Astra and Non were arrested. And sentenced to Fort Rozz.", Alura said.

"That's what they've been trying to do all along. They've been trying to use Myriad on Earth. To save the planet.", Kara said.

"But I don't understand. Why is everyone so afraid to talk about it? Why wouldn't you even speak of it?", Mon asked.

"Myriad could be used to enslave whole worlds at the push of a button. The High Council determined that if knowledge of such technology were to get out, it would upset the delicate balance of power of the galaxy.", Alura said.

"Mom, please. You have to tell me how to stop this.", Kara said.

"I am sorry, my dear Kara. Once started, Myriad cannot be stopped.", Alura said, then Kara & Mon looked at eachother in deep thought, both knowing they somehow had to stop this. To save the people they love. To save everyone.