Chapter 19

"I love you too, JB"

Areum's POV

I looked up at JB, tears were forming in his eyes as he looked at me. My heart broke, I reached up and wiped away a tear that had fallen down JB's cheek. JB's arm tightened around as I snuggled back to his side. We laid like that for about 20 minutes before my stomach growled. I looked up at JB as a small laugh escaped his lips.

"Are you hungry now?" He asked me while he pushed my hair out of my face.

"Mhmm" I said as I slowly sat up. JB sat up beside me, I looked over at him as he nodded at the door. "Wanna get something to eat? Or I could warm up the food that I made you earlier?" He asked. 

"What did you make me earlier?" I asked as I looked down at the bruises on my hands. I instantly hugged my knees up to my chest. I felt JB's hand rest on my back as I turned to him. I reached out and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and buried my face into the side of his neck. "I'm sorry." I mumbled. I felt his arms wrap around me.

"Don't worry, I'm here with you. Nothing is ever going to hurt you again." JB said as I looked up at him with my arms still resting on his shoulders. He smiled at me and ruffled my already messed up hair as he began moving himself from my bed. My arms fell to my side as I watched him stand up. He reached out his hand for me to take, and waited for me to grab it before leading me downstairs to the kitchen. 

He warmed up my meal and placed it in front of me. I was a lot hungrier than I thought, before I knew it my plate was empty. JB took my plate and placed it with the rest of the dirty dishes in the sink. I watched him as he turned on the hot water and poured some dish soap on the dishes. He pushed up his sleeves and began washing the dishes. I smiled as I watched him, right before my eyes he went from the boy who made my life a living hell... to the man I love. 

I stood up from my chair slowly and quietly... and tip toed over to where JB was. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him from behind. "Thank you," I managed to whisper as his cologne filled my nose. He smelled so good, I just wanted to hold him and breathe in his smell all day... and maybe be held by him in return.