Chapter Three

It's been one week, 4 hours, and 27 minutes since Jaebum and his friends decided to choose me as their new target. And to put it bluntly, I'm tired of it. If he wants to pick on me, fine, two can play it that way. -Areum

Chapter Three

I wake up earlier than usually, get ready, eat breakfast, and leave for school before the sun has even come up. Today was the day, the day I make a stand against Jaebum. I'm not going to let him take my lunch money for the rest of my final year. I'm tired of always being the one that gets used. NO MORE!

As I enter the school I head up to the old greenhouse, where JB and his friends like to hangout. I pull out rolls of toilet paper so I can teepee the place. (I know... "Really Areum?" Teepee? Is that the best you can do? Well given what I have to work with, yes... this is the best I can do...) As I get ready to throw the first roll I hear a mumbling sound behind me.

I turn around too fast and end up falling face first on to the couch... on top of a very sleepy looking JB.

"What are you doing in here?" He says in a deep husky voice.

"Umm... I was... doing nothing..." I say as I start to push myself off the couch and away from him. Before I make it off JB wraps his arms around me and pulls me back on top of him.

"Stay still, you're warm." Jaebum says in a sleepy voice as he slowly falls back asleep.

I begin to look around in a panic. What am I suppose to do now? The school bully is literally using me as his blanket. Life really does hate me. I think to myself.

*Thunk thunk thunk* I turn my head in the direction of the thunking sound. The door... someone is coming up the stairs into the greenhouse. I try to wiggle myself out of JB's arms, just to have him tighten his hold on me.

"JB," I whisper. "Please let me go."

~JB's POV~

"JB, please let me go" I hear someone say as I get pulled out of my sleep. I begin to slowly open my eyes to find a pair of honey brown eyes staring back into my own. I can't tell if I am still dreaming or not. I know I have seen these eyes before, these are the type of eyes that you can't forget.

Before I realize what is going on the door to the greenhouse is open and Jackson and Mark are standing in the doorway. I look back to see that Areum is the one in my arms. I let go of her, she falls away from me and right off the couch on to her knees. I sit up and face the guys.

"Did we interrupt something here, should we come back later?" Jackson says with a smirk as he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Shut up you dumbass, nothing happened! I didn't even know she was in here." I reply.

"Oh so you're that kind of freak, huh, Areum? Being all sneaky and shit." Jackson says to Areum.

I watch as Areum stands to face Jackson, she looks very uncomfortable. Her hair is a mess and her knee looks like it is starting to bleed. I stand up and head over to one of our cabinets.

"I didn't know anyone was in here." Areum replies. Before she has the chance to say or do anything I push her slightly back onto the couch. I bend down and take the band aid out of the wrapper that I went and got for her. I place it over the part of her knee that was starting to bleed.

"There," I say looking up at her, "now get out." She stands up, grabs her backpack and quickly leaves. Jackson and Mark finally make it all the way into the room and sit down. Mark has his arms crossed and is looking out the window. He's mad... and I know why. It's not like I planned on having his crush fall on me in my sleep. He just has horrible timing... I'm sure if he was a minute later Areum wouldn't have been in the room... or on top of me.

"Well this morning has just been a load of fun." I say sarcastically. "What time is it anyway?"

"Five minutes until eight o'clock." Jackson answers.

I stand up, stretch, and decide to head to the classroom.

We make it to the classroom seconds before the tardy bell rings. This is going to be one hell of a day. I think to myself. As I look around the room the only eyes that catch my attention are those honey brown eyes... and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.