Chapter 8 - Movie

Chapter Eight

'Wanna see a movie today with my best friend and her boyfriend today?' I texted Luke a few days after we spent the night together. In the few days we haven't spent together, we have talked usually via texting and sometimes at the letterbox or when we put our bins put for collection.

'Sure. What time, what movie?' Luke replied after one minute of me sending the text.

'6pm and the other two wanna see the fault in our stars, so bring tissues...' I reply.

'Okay, where should I meet you?' he texted me again.

'I'll meet you at your flat and we'll walk there' I reply.

'Okay cool, see ya then' he texted with a smiley face emoji at the end.

'Yep xx' I texted, ending the conversation.

I put my phone down on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen.

I leant against the kitchen bench and looked around, wondering what to do.

I walked over to the cupboard and pulled out a chocolate pancake mix.

I put water in the contain, shook it for two minutes and started making the pancakes.

My iPhone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID. A picture of Ashlee and her name came up.

"Hey Ash" I said.

"Hey!" Ashlee said cheerfully through the phone.

"How are you?" I say flipping a chocolate pancake.

"I'm good, how are you?" Ashlee asked and I heard her fridge closing through the phone.

"Great" I say.

"So are you definitely coming tonight?" Ashlee asks.

"Yes. And Luke is definitely coming" I say grinning, I knew Ashlee was excited I'd met a guy who wasn't Jamie, and I could potentially have a crush on someone who isn't Jamie.

"I'm so excited to meet him! Have you guys seen each other recently?" Ashlee asked.

"Mmm, not really. He gets really busy with work but we text and stuff" I say ripping a bit of pancake off and eating it.

"Speaking of work missy, how are you going to pay for your apartment?" Ashlee asks in a more strict tone than usual.

I tapped my fingernails on the bench behind me. I had completely forgotten about getting a job, because Jamie would usually let my side of paying the rent slide, but now I had my own flat.

"I'll start looking" I say honestly.

"Good. What type will you be looking for?" Ashlee asks.

"I don't know, I'll check The Little Coffee Shop and see if they need an extra worker. Maybe something like that" I say grabbing my stack of pancakes and sitting on the couch.

"Good idea. I've got to go, Josh just came home from work, I'll see you later tonight" Ashlee says and I hear the door open on her end of the phone.

I looked at the time on my iPhone: 12:05pm. I decided to go and visit The Little Coffee Shop. I walked to my bedroom and pulled out a pair of white jeans, a black singlet and a brown cardigan.

After getting dressed I put on makeup, creating an eyeliner flick on my eyelid, putting lipstick on and fill in my eyebrows a bit.

I put on my black studded ankle boots and grabbed a black shoulder bag with tassels on it, filling it with essentials.