Chapter 5 - Make Up Your Mind

Chapter 5:

I woke up and pulled the covers off the bed, then opened the door to go into the lounge room and kitchen.

"Hey" Lily said as she made some toast.

"Good morning" I say walking up to her and standing next to her.

"Want some?" She asks.

"Sure" I say smiling.

"Now, while I'm out you are allowed to eat everything and anything you want, okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Thank you" I say as she hands me Nutella on toast.

"I have to go now, I'll be back at roughly 6 o'clock" she says.

"Okay, and thanks again" I say hugging her.

"No problem" she says hugging me and then leaving.

I walked over to the pantry and pulled out a hot chocolate powder and started making a hot chocolate.

Once I had finished making it, I walked into the lounge room and picking up the movie 'P.S I Love You' and inserting it into the DVD player.

--

I woke up when I felt a vibration of a text from my phone in my pocket. I must've fallen asleep during the movie, since it had already finished.

"Where are you?" The message said. It was a message from Ashlee.

"At Lily's.Why?" I reply back.

"I'll come over, see you in about ten?" She texts.

"Sure" I say getting up and going into my allocated bedroom and brushing my hair, then braiding it.

Knock Knock Knock.

I ran over to the door and opened it, revealing Ashlee.

"Hey" I said hugging her.

"Hey, how are you holding up? I'm sorry about last night-" she started hugging me back.

"Shh. Don't worry about last night. But I think I'm okay" I say.

"That's good. I guess Lily's going to talk to him today?" She asks.

"Yeah she is. Come on in," I say "that's really weird to say when you're in someone else's house".

"I hope he has a good reason" she says stepping inside and giving me a thank you smile and walking to the lounge room.

"Same" I say sitting down on the couch and she does the same thing.

"I'm here for you, you know that right. I didn't think it would happen last night. And I just- it's hard. I didn't know whether I should come back to you or if I should stay with Josh" she says.

"Wait how do you know what happened?" I asked

"It's the news of the day, plus his tweets are easy to see through" she says.

"Right. But don't worry about it. It's not your fault, you were with Josh and I know how much you love him" I say winking.

"I love you more, sister" she says hugging me.

"I love you too, sister" I say hugging her tighter.

Ashlee and I always call each other sisters because we've been friends since we were fifteen and we're both only children, we always wanted sisters but we've know each other that long we're like sisters.

"I'm really nervous though" I say after letting go of her.

"So am I. But you'll be okay, no matter what the outcome is" she says.