Chapter 4 - Back In Town

Chapter 4: Back In Town

“Yes?” I asked turning around.

Jamie was standing there, even paler than normal, and he always looks pale, like he saw a ghost.

“Bonnie is back” he said.

“Really? Where?” I ask.

“She’s back in this city; she’s in a hotel around here. What do I do? What the bloody hell do I do?” he said gripping his head in his hands and pacing around.

“Shh, it’s alright” I whispered quietly, walking up to him and hugging him.

“No!” Jamie said and pushed me away before leaving the bedroom, and I heard the flat door slam shut.

I tried calling his phone but he rejected it, I think.

I decided to call Kevin Zegers, also known as ‘Alec Lightwood’ from Mortal Instruments, and he answered.

“Hello?” he asked.

“Hey Kev, it’s Jade. Bonnie’s back in town, and he’s left the flat, is he with you, by any chance?” I asked.

“Uh... Yeah” he said.

“Can I come over?” I asked.

“I think I’d better have a little talk with him for a bit. Man to man. Okay?” he asked.

“Sure. Call me if you need to” I say.

--

By the time I was going to make dinner, Jamie still wasn’t back.

I decided I needed to call Kevin again, to see if Jamie was coming home tonight.

“Kevin...  Is he coming home tonight?” I ask once Kevin answers the phone.

“No, I think he wants to stay the night” he said quietly.

“Why wouldn’t he want to spend time with his girlfriend, especially when she’s the one who said she’ll help him through it? Especially when she has come this far” I say into the phone, a bit annoyed.

“I don’t know. Don’t worry about it though. He just wants to be with a man right now” he said.

"Alright. Tell me when he’s coming home” I say and I hang up.

I have dinner and then I fall asleep.

In the morning, with still no sign of Jamie and Kevin saying he’s staying at Kevin’s for probably the day, I decided to go get some Starbucks. Especially because it’s cold in London, and coffee is like heaven when it’s cold and in the morning, its way better.

I got into a white singlet, thick light blue leggings, just below the knee leather boots, a dark blue beanie, my hair in a braid to the side of my head, going down my shoulder and a brown cardigan.

This is how we do it in England.

I walked down the stairs of the apartment building, then down the stairs, walking through the street to Starbucks.

I pushed the door of the Starbucks shop open, whilst looking at my slightly scratched boots, I hadn’t noticed that before.

I looked up and I saw Jamie.

He wasn’t exactly ordering a cup of coffee or sitting at a table, on his phone or drinking coffee.

He was in an intense session of ‘I’m-going-to-cheat-on-my-awesome-girlfriend-by-kissing-my-ex-fiancé-Bonnie-Wright’.

Yep, he was sitting at a table, with Bonnie next to them, lip on lip action: kissing.

“Having fun there cheating on me Jamie?” I asked once I had stood at the table for a good 5 seconds without one of them realising I was right there.