He turned to me, shooting me an annoying look but I was so desperate to know the person that I didn't care about his rudeness at the moment.

He had dark brown eyes and light blond hair. He seemed probably about 6'4. He was wearing clothes that looked a lot expensive and I noticed a silver necklace around his neck when my mind ran to the condition of myself.

I was in my red shirt with black sweatpants and white sneakers on my feet.

"Are you Thibbault?" I asked.

I stared at him through my eyelashes, plastered a slight smile on my face, and my eyes wide opened in curiosity.

"Yeah." He replied in a surly tone.

Me, being the stupid I was didn't even mind the tone in his voice. I ran towards him and crushed him with a big hug. He seemed taken aback by my sudden act.

"I missed you a lot!" I chirped, wrapping my arms around him, tightly.

He didn't say anything nor he hugged me back.

You're such an idiot. He doesn't even care about you.

I quietly pulled my arms away from him and lifted my head at him as he was so tall in comparison to me, even more than Kyle.

"Didn't you miss me?" I asked my brother, as hurt panged my chest.

He kept staring at me when he shook his head slightly, pushing me back and walking towards the kitchen.

Why would he like someone like you?

Pain erupted in my heart. My happiness fades right away. I felt a prick of ignorance and it instantly made me remember the mistreating of them towards me.

Tears blurring my eyes, unable to let me see anything clear.

The person who I cried for missing him has forgotten about me? He ignores me like that, pushing me away from him.

Stop crying!

Do you want to appear as a crybaby in your new home?

I bit back my unshed tears and quickly wiped my eyes and face.

I heard the front door slammed open and the two older teenagers that I assumed were my brothers, entered the room.

"Dad!" The older teen called out.

I realized, he had emerald green eyes, just like me with dark blond hair, and characteristics, a lot similar to my Dad. He looked about full 6 ft.

"Connor?" That caught my eyes.

I turned my eyes to the person, who was standing behind and seemed a bit shorter than him.

I found myself being silent for a moment when I smiled at him. "E?"

He had platinum blond hair. His chocolate brown eyes glinted as his stare fixed at me. He was also taller than me. About 5'10 ft. 

At first, I thought of him Maverick as he is taller than him but he is Elliot. I remember him.

I realized, Maverick and I share the same green eyes with Dad.

A broad smile spread on Elliot's face. I saw him walk to me and pull me in a warm hug. It astonished me because Thibbault already seems to have forgotten about me and Maverick has completely ignored my existence.

"I can't see 4-year-old Connor. Where has he gone?"

His eyes turned into a teasing manner to me and a titter escaped his lips. Despite the pain, I felt in my heart, I let out a giggle at him.