Chapter 54 - Looks like it, we can finally breathe.

Start from the beginning

"So it's young. Looking at it, maybe 20."

"Did the nomad have a human ish smell?" I stifle back a growl.

Sam shook his head, "Fading. They're new."

"Vladimir must be doing something, probably sent it out for a test, that's what he does with all the gifted ones." Cracking knuckles.

Sam gently touched Ara's shoulder. "Ara you don't understand, it looked afraid. I'm guessing on the age. Ara she was taller."

Standing up, "Time to see if I can trace a smell," walking, "show me ."

Sam nodded, and they took off. Travis stayed back.

Sam looked at Ara, "So that's my brother."

"Yes, that's your brother," something in the air catches me, coming to a grinding halt, "I smell fear and apprehension."

A small girl, who looks about twenty, maybe eighteen is cowering in a tree. Sam looked up, "See."

Looking up, fear rolls from her, "Can I come up? I'm not here to hurt you."

She nodded nervously. Sam waited.

In one bounce I'm in the tree, I sit on the branch opposite, "Are you ok? My name is Ara." I extend my hand.

She carefully extended her hand, "Amelia. I don't know if I am ok."

Shaking her hand gently, "You seem confused, were you running away from someone?"

Her lip trembled, "He said he was going to help me. I would be safe."

"He lied," I look down at Sam and mouth, "I don't know what to do."

Sam sighed.

"I, I," she couldn't finish. She curled up, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"Please calm down," I hug her gently, "you're ok with me but I'm not sure of the next step," looking at Sam, "can you find Carlisle please, I'm stuck, I don't know what to do."

Amelia hugged her back, "Please don't send me somewhere."

Sam spoke softly, "Bring her down."

"I won't, come on, down we go, my friend is waiting." I feel ready to cry at the damage Vladimir seems to inflict.

"He bit me, then stopped. Then he stopped. He said I was already damaged." I've been up here since last night. My wrist burned, then stopped."

Sam waited, taking his coat off.

"He's a nasty piece of work," looking over to Sam, "he put her in hell, she's stuck like this forever."

"Hybrid. Something like that." Carefully she got down. Sam tried to put the coat over her shoulders. She flinched.

"Could be," i look her in the eyes, "it's ok, he's putting his jacket over you."

Sam carefully covered her.

"I," she winced.

Sam looked at Ara, "Let's get her to Leah."

"I hope Leah won't mind? She needs checking out," to Amelia, "it's ok, we're taking you to see a nurse." We begin walking slowly.

Amelia started to crumple.

Sam stooped, "Sweetheart easy."

Amelia whimpered, holding onto Ara.

I couldn't take much more, I watch her crumple, my brand burns like fire, "You are safe with Sam, get her to Leah, there's something that needs to be said to someone." I kiss her forehead and look at Sam for approval, not normal I know but I had to know if he agreed with my decision.

Sam mouthed, "She was hurt before he got her." He carefully held Amelia, and nodded and started walking.

"Even so, I can't contain the anger, get Carlisle please, he should know what to do." I smile at Amelia before turning away, the tears come crashing down but anger boils in my veins.

Sam brought Amelia back. "Leah I need you now." He helped her in carefully. Emily had taken Sebastian upstairs