Epilogue

I had been separated from Fred from the beginning, as we were both assigned different parts of the castle to protect, but right now all I wanted to do was be with Fred. Death Eaters were literally everywhere and even though I hadn't gotten hurt yet, I was scared out of my mind.

"Confringo!" I yelled and pointed my wand at a black figure, who went up in smoke. I had never used spells as violent as these. I had barely gone past stupefy, but this time around, it was shoot to kill.

I suddenly got a very cold feeling all over my body. I didn't know why, but I suddenly needed to find Fred instantly. What had happened? My feet ran through the castle, trying to spot ginger hair. I saw one on the twins in the distance, but I couldn't quite figure out who it was, so I ran over.

"Reducto!" I yelled as another Death Eater charged at the twin, who ended up being George.

"Thanks", he said.

"Where's Fred?" I felt so desperate for a reason. I needed to find him. Something was off.

"Seventh floor", he said and then blasted a spell towards a Death Eater behind me. I quickly tried to focus and ran up the stairs. If only we could apparate at Hogwarts. My feet flew up the stairs three steps at a time and adrenaline was keeping me from collapsing. I reached the seventh floor at last and scanned my surroundings.

There were less Death Eaters up here, but the hallway was already scattered with unconscious bodies. I ran through the hallway, trying to find the love of my life.

"Petrificus totalus!" I heard and I knew that was Fred's voice. I ran towards it, turned a corner and saw him fighting alongside Percy, his brother. Fred laughed at something Percy said, which made me smile.

"Fred!" I called out and suddenly, the wall next to Fred exploded.

Everything happened surprisingly slowly. I was screaming things, but I couldn't hear anything and watched as pieces of rock blew away. The roof was on the verge of collapsing and Fred was standing right underneath it. I made eye contact with Fred and he was still slightly smiling from Percy's joke, but his eyes only read panic. They locked with mine and I felt the worst angst I had ever felt. All warmth had left my body and filled it with shock.

"Immobulus!" I screamed and some of the stone stopped moving, but others were quick to replace those. I couldn't let Fred die. Percy tried pulling Fred away from the scene, but it was too dangerous to do so.

'I love you, Y/N", Fred yelled and I knew that he was saying goodbye, but I couldn't have that. I took a deep breath and tried to control the tears that were streaming down my face. Fred couldn't die. I wouldn't be able to take that.

"Arresto momentum!" I screamed. I had never been able to produce the spell, especially not on such large objects, but the spell worked and all blocks of stone that were tumbling down, slowed down dramatically.

"Get him out of there! I can't hold this for long!" I screamed at Percy, who immediately did what I asked. He grabbed Fred by his arm, who was still paralyzed with fear and pulled him as far away as possible.

I sighed from relief and lowered my arms, which were shaking vigorously. Fred was alive.

"Crucio", I heard behind me and before I could react, I was brought down to my knees, feeling the most intense pain I had ever felt throughout my entire body. I screamed in agony. It was as if every inch of my bones were being broken slowly and my organs were being squashed. I laid down on the ground, not being able to do anything except screaming in pain.

"Errupto!" I heard and soon, the pain was gone. I looked up to see Fred and Percy alongside each other, blasting spells at whatever was behind me. I tried to stand up to join them, but I felt so weak.