Chapter 1002

Summoned Many Days in a Row

Lu Song had already contemplated the matter that he was about to speak on for many days. He had already personally gone to take action. He said to Lu Ping: “You are no longer young. In the past, it was because you had a hidden illness, and the family did not have too many hopes when it came to your marriage. Later on, your face was ruined, and father was even more helpless when it came to you. Now, your face has healed, and while you still have a hidden illness… hah! I’ll say it like this! At present, you are the only child left in the Lu family. That’s why, even if you have a hidden illness, considerations must be made for the family. Father has taken interest in a marriage for you, but it’s just an interest. As for whether or not it can succeed, it will be up to you and your own effort.”

Lu Ping knew what the planned marriage was, and she faintly said: “Father is joking. The right to the initiative should not lie with us, right? I have a hidden illness, and even if I am the daughter of the left prime minister’s manor, I fear that marriage will not be up to me to decide. No matter how much effort I put in, what is there that I can do?”

Lu Song waved his hand, “No, the Ren family’s young master is different from other men. During the times that father observed him, young general Ren is an upright person. He is not one to pursue lust and beauty. If some feelings can bloom between you two, he definitely will not mind your hidden illness. General Ping Nan’s manor is one of the houses to support the ninth prince. That family’s young miss of the first wife is also very close with Imperial Daughter Ji An. Ping’er, if things work out between you and young general Ren, and you two can get along well after getting married, our Lu family will no longer need to worry about not being accepted by the ninth prince.”

Lu Ping looked at this father then looked at the scheming head wife. The question that she had held in for many years was finally asked: “Could it be that the Lu family raises its daughters for the sake of sending them out to help open up doors for the family? Then what are we? Goods?”

Ge shi snorted coldly and replied with a question: “Then you tell me, which family’s daughter is not this way? Even the current Palace Princess Wu Yang, why is it that His Majesty has never married her off, even so long after she became of age? I’ll tell you. Don’t think that it’s really because His Majesty dotes on her. That’s just to improve her image. In truth, it’s just to continue figuring out her true worth. Just wait and see. By the end, the person that Palace Princess Wu Yang marries will definitely be of use to Da Shun. It’s definitely impossible that he will be a normal man.”

These words stuffed Lu Ping and left her not know what to say. This was because Ge shi was right. In Da Shun, the daughters of all families were like this. Regardless of whether they were born of the first wife or of a concubine, as long as it was a daughter, they were tools to be used by their families to gain power or standing. Those with good luck would be able to obtain their husband’s love. Those with bad luck would end up suffering from the vexation of seeing concubines being brought in. She did not know what sort of person Ren Xi Tao was; however, she had always been quite opposed to these sorts of actions by the Lu family. In this life, the thing that she wanted the least was to be dragged around by her family, but no matter how much she hid, would she end up unable to avoid her destiny?

Lu Ping did not say anything else, nor did she nod or shake her head. It was as though she had not heard Lu Song’s suggestions. She just quietly sat there and thought about something.

Lu Song glanced at her then just said: “You should think about it carefully. Father will also do everything possible to create some chances for the two of you. That expensive fragrance should soon have a place to be used.”