Part Fifteen

*December 31*

There are three types of people during New Year’s. The first type of people on New Year’s Eve go to parties, getting drunk, waiting for the New Year to begin and making promises to themselves, which even they know they won’t keep, no matter how much they tell themselves they’ll keep it. They meet strangers at all hours of the night, making connections with one another, never thinking of the consequences of tomorrow, just hopping to hold on to something that’ll last for just one night, a night to forget.

The Second are the odd few that choose to spend their New Year’s on their couch, at home, watching either a movie or a series. Stuffing their face with chocolate, lollies and junk food. They sit there, waiting for the New Year to pass, knowing that making a resolution is hopeless, knowing it’ll never happen. They create a make believe world for that one night, forgetting about everything, dreaming of a world with all their favourite characters, a place they can just be them. And the third are those that spend it with their family, sending well wishes and making memories.

I once was the first type. But now I was the second. And here I sat at home, stuffing my face, waiting for the night to end, waiting for the New Year to start, and waiting to get on with life. I had been invited to a number of parties, some of them the biggest, everyone would be there. But nothing made me want to go, nothing gave me an urge to be at their parties, all I wanted was to do exactly what I was doing right now. There was something about watching the Fresh Prince that makes this shitty New Year go faster. Will Smith seemed to always make everything better.

Thirty minutes till this horrible year would finish and the New Year would begin, I sighed as I walked outside, placing the blanket down on the grass before sitting down on it, looking up at the sky, and waiting for it to be lit up with fireworks. I pulled my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and resting my chin on my knees. I heard the sound of crunching leaves and footsteps walking behind me, before I felt people sitting either side of me. I soon felt two legs beside me, and someone wrapping their arms around my waist, pulling me back onto their chest.

“So we were at this sick party right, and everything was going awesome but then we realised there was something missing” Luke sighed, “And that something was you” Ashton said, I looked up at them, half smiling at them both. “So here we are. Ready to spend the new year with” he smiled. “Where have you been?” Michael whispered from behind me. “Hiding” I whispered back.

“I wanted to say hi at the concert, but I just. I couldn’t. I’m so proud of you guys, it really was an amazing night” I half smiled at them all. “Can you make us promise?” Michael asked, I hummed, leaning my head back on his shoulder. “Promise that things will go back to the way they used to be with us. Hang out with us” He said, I nodded, a small smile on my face. “I promise” I whispered just as fireworks had begun to light up the sky, the New Year starting a little less horrible than I thought.

*Present*

“One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer are on a headlining tour, coming up on their fourth month of touring together. Tonight the boys will perform in California, before taking a week off” The radio boomed through the studio. I sighed as I leaned back in the chair, looking at the time. It was currently 5:48pm and I was done for the day. I packed up my things, and made my way out to the car.

I pulled up to the arena, parking in the back. I hopped out of the car, walking around the corner. I heard screaming getting louder as I walked towards the side of the arena. The fans came into view, standing all the fence. I walked closer and stopped in my tracks as I saw the boys all running around outside, kicking the ball to each other. I laughed as they ran around, jumping on each other.

“Elsa?” I turned around, the smile being wiped off my face. “Can we talk?” I rolled my eyes, “What are you doing here Jeff?” I asked, “I got hired, event planner of the concert” He smiled smugly, looking around the arena. “The girls love me”, I scoffed, shaking my head as I walked away. “Elsa wait” He yelled, running after me.

“Can’t we just talk? Please” He begged, I shook my head “No, we can’t Jeff. I’m done with you. I was done with you the moment I found out you were a cheating lying pig.” I snapped. The girls stopped screaming and all attention had fallen on us. “You still haven’t forgiven me for that?” I groaned, rolling his eyes. I scoffed, “I never will fuckwit” I walked away, the crowd cheering as I walked away.

*Calum’s P.O.V*

I watched as she walked away, Jeff standing there in full blown confusion as the crowd cheered. “Can you believe her?” He scoffed as he walked over to us, rolling his eyes. “She’s such a bitch”. “Hey, watch what you say about her” Ashton yelled as we all walked closer to him. “You’re a dick for cheating on her” Niall snapped. “Man. Fuck you” Michael snapped as he walked off, chasing after Elsa, followed by the other boys.

 “You do realise you have lost one of the best things that ever happened in your life right? Cheating on her is probably one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make” I shook my head as I went to walk away, “You can’t talk, you did it first mate” He laughed, I stopped, turning back to him. “Yeah and its one of the biggest regrets I have in my life that I’ll have to live with forever and I know I’ll never be able to make it up to her. Ever”