Part Eleven

*September 30*

“Punk pop singer and youtuber Elsa Williams and boyfriend, band member of 5 Seconds of summer, Calum Hood have officially split. Source tells us the two were having trouble and rumours say, cheating was even involved. Neither they nor their reps had anything to comment about the break up, only saying the two would like their privacy at the given time”

I sat up, rolling over in bed once more. Luke was kind enough to let me stay at his, but today I was looking at an apartment for myself. I rolled out of bed, slipping on sweatpants, baggy singlet and vans. I left my hair out wavy, putting on minimal make up before grabbing my phone, wallet and running downstairs.

“Elsa” Ashton smiled at the bottom of the stairs, pulling me in for a hug as I got to the bottom. “Hey Ash” I half whispered, hugging him back. “Whatcha doing today?” He smiled as we pulled apart, “Going to look at an apartment” I smiled as I walked towards the door, grabbing my keys out of the bowl. “Mind if tag along?” He asked, I nodded with a smile, before walking out the door.

“This place is amazing” Ashton whispered as we walked into the bedroom, “I know” I smiled back. “So, what do you think?” The agent smiled as we walked back into the kitchen. “I think...” I paused, looking around the apartment, “I think I’ll take it” I smiled back at her. She sorted out the papers, and before I knew it, she was handing over the keys to my new apartment.

“You’re leaving me?” Luke pouted, I placed the last of my things into my suitcase, zipping it shut before turning around to face him. “I’m sorry Lukey. I just need my own space. We can still have sleepovers and stuff” I half smiled at him, pulling him in for a hug. “You bet we’re having sleepovers” He said as we pulled apart. “Thank you Luke” I smiled, grabbed my things and left.

I finally finished unpacking all my things, collapsing on the couch, I looked around my new apartment. When would this place start feeling like home? There were no pictures on the wall, most pictures I owned had Calum in it. There were the odd few with the other boys, but even having them up was too painful. This place needed a touch of me before it would feel like home.

All I seemed to hear about on the news was the break up, what I was doing, what Calum was doing. I was sick of it, I wanted to be able to turn on the TV, open a magazine or go online without seeing our faces plastered everywhere. Why were people so interested in everything we did? Were we not normal people, doing normal things? Why was what we did so interesting, but if someone else did the same thing it would be normal or boring? I just want my life back.

“Punk pop singer and youtuber Elsa Williams moved into a new apartment today. I guess this is officially her moving on. Still no comments from either parties on the break up, but sources tell us that Calum had been seen with a few other girls lately. No other sittings on Elsa have been made, sources telling us that she took it hard”

*Present*

“Punk pop star Elsa Williams and Fiancé Jeff Larson have now split up. Just days before the wedding of the year. Sources tell us that the two had been distant lately and things were taking a turn for the worst. Neither of the two have commented on the break up, but Williams’s reps say that she needs her space at this current time”

In the last few weeks, I had found myself a flat moved out of Michael’s and gotten settled in. I barely saw any of the boys anymore. Here I sat, outside on the bench, knees hugged to my chest, music blasting through my ears. I watched as the rain fell, the dreary weather matching my mood. All I wanted to do today was to sleep all day, but that wasn’t an option. Tonight was the Billboard music awards, it was the last place I wanted to be but I had to go. The crew was coming over in a few minutes to start doing my hair and make-up.

5 Hours later and I was finally ready to go. My hair half up in braids, half down wavy. My outfit a ikat print bralet, black skater skirt, leather sleeve denim jacket, Giuseppe zanotti sandals and silver jewellery. I looked at myself in the mirror, half smiling at my appearance before heading out the door.

Light’s flashed, people screamed and celebrities covered the red carpet. I stepped out of the limo and was overcome by it all. I walked along the carpet, posing for Cameras and smiling for the people. I signed a few things for the fans, taking photos with and just having a cha before I finally made it to the end of the carpet.

“Elsa?” I turned around and saw Michael standing there, a sly smirk on his face. “Mikey” I smiled back, walking over to him and pulling him in for a hug. “You look gorgeous” he smiled, as we pulled apart. “You look dashing yourself I must say” I smiled, looking him up and down. I looked past his shoulder and saw the boys standing there, all looking as dashing as Michael. I hugged each of them, Calum’s hug lasting just a little longer than the last.

“I miss you” Michael spoke after a few moments of silence, “I miss you too Mikey” I smiled. We took a few pictures together and I watched as the boys signed things for their fans, the smiles on the fans faces. And then I saw him, walking hand in hand down the carpet with her. She had finally become a movie star and had also started a singing career of her own, making it big within a month, and now she was ruining my life. Again.

“Cal, Mikey, Ash, Lukey” She squealed, running over to the boys. “Elsa” Jeff half smiled at me, I shook my head and rolled my eyes, looking at her. “Ruining my life once again I see?” I half snapped at her, “Oh Elsa” She smirked, “I guess people just like me better” She smirked, squeezing Jeff’s hand tighter. I scoffed, rolling my eye’s “Oh please. You’re so full of yourself Jessie”