Chapter Three: Lunch

"My parents gave it to me." I stated, continuing to nibble at my dwindling supply of lunch. I spared a glance up and noticed a glare, and several inquisitive looks. I furrowed my brow in confusion but continued to eat my lunch.

"I'm so sorry! What's wrong with me?! I have to introduce you to everyone!" Alice squealed, bouncing slightly in her seat.

"That blonde girl is Rosalie, the big guy is Emmett. That's Bella, Edward and Renesmee and this is Jasper." She explained, pointing to each of them consecutively. I nodded my head at each of them in greeting, feeling beyond awkward sitting with them all. They looked as if they jumped out of a modelling magazine and decided to go to school. And I couldn't help but wonder. Why did they all have the same topaz colored eyes? Except for the young girl, what was her name? Oh, Renesmee that's right. Maybe they were all related?

I shrugged it off, deciding it was merely a coincidence. What else could it be after all? I finished my burger and slowly began sipping on the bottle of water, looking anywhere and everywhere besides their intense gazes.

"How long have you been in town?" The bronze haired boy asked, not once blinking.

"About two weeks." I replied meekly, not too eager to make small talk when everyone was staring at me.

"Where you livin'?" The big guy, Emmett asked, his gaze just as intense as the others.

"Why?" I asked confused, why would he want to know where I live? Obviously I won't tell him the truth. That I was a homeless teenager that craved blood and held immortality. Although I suppose it would make a rather interesting conversation. Maybe then I wouldn't be so boring. I laughed at my silliness and once again, began playing with the locket wrapped around my neck.

As soon as I did, all eyes around the table diverted to the locket, as if it were a bomb about to explode. They seemed far too interested in my necklace for it to be simple admiration.

"Just curious. Where were you born?" The blonde boy asked, Jasper, as soon as I thought his name a wave of calm flowed through me, almost as if it were magic, all worry and anxiety fled my body and left me feeling calm and relaxed.

"New York," just another lie, but they didn't need to know that.

"Were you adopted?" The blonde girl, Rosalie asked.

"No.." What was with the twenty questions? Was this some kind of weird ritual they had to perform for every new student. I wouldn't be surprised if it were. After all, they seemed like the cool and popular group capable of doing it.

"Why'd you come to Forks?" The brunette asked, Bella.

"I felt like I needed a change." I stated blandly, looking at her directly. I furrowed my brows. She looked a little like me, and so did the bronze haired boy. And he girl, Renesmee looked a hell of alot like me. What a strange coincidence.

"So your parents didn't make you?" Renesmee asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"No, my parents still live in New York." She seemed slightly disappointed by this information. I have no idea why.

"You're lying." The bronze haired boy stated, glaring at me with suspicion. I swallowed the lump in my throat nervously and made sure to keep eye contact with him. How did he know I was lying? Unless he was calling me on a bluff, just to see if I truly was lying.

"No i'm not." I breathed, keeping eye contact, number one rule for lying, always keep eye contact.

He raised an eyebrow at me, but eventually leaned back in his chair, a satisfied smirk plastered on his face. As if out of nowhere the bell rang and ended my torture. What a lovely first lunch!