Hair Gel

a/n: ????did I write a chapter specifically about peter parker's hair? yeah I think so?? wh-

✨takes place after homecoming✨

Peter Parker likes to believe that everyone has a certain kind of day sometimes.

The kind of day where everything goes wrong, sure, but it just doesn't matter. The kind of day where you trip up the stairs and just laugh, because "Wow, I just tripped UP stairs!"

This the exact kind of day Peter Parker is having. He was late to school, late to almost every class, and was now going to be late to Tony's lab due to being kept after his last period. Happy was not going to be happy with him. This thought just made him laugh though, so he didn't really care today.

Usually he has time to do something with his hair. Usually that something is gelling it down, because his hair is an absolute mess of curls that liked to stick out in every which way, creating some sort of forest on his head. And all though he's fine with this hairstyle, he thinks it's unprofessional for something as special as working next to Mr. Stark.

Tony is completely oblivious to this of course, because at the end of the day no employee at Stark Industries cares about appearances. If they did, they would have to learn to stay quiet because Tony most certainly does NOT care and he will not show mercy to those who tell him to wash the oil out of his goatee.

The whole idea that he needs to tame his curly hair just because Tony might see his absolute mess of brown waves is actually pure lunacy, and somewhere in Peter's mind, he knows it. Especially when he thinks about any of the times that he went to the labs over the weekend, and they had worked for so long that he fell asleep and woke up with a wicked case of bed head, curls and all.

Then again, they were usually both so out of it when they woke up that Tony might have not even noticed. This brings him back to his original issue--He has no idea how Tony will react to see him with curly hair on an average day.

He feels ridiculous making this a big deal. It isn't a big deal. Not really. The better word for how he's feeling is excited, really. It's always fun when people get haircuts or wear something they don't usually wear and then walk into a place where people already have expectations of who they are. It's a little act of rebellion. A small victory against people who think they have everyone figured out.

Peter shrugs these thoughts away and walks into Tony's lab. Tony doesn't glance up but does acknowledge him.

"Hey, kiddo. You're a little later than normal."

"Yeah, sorry, I got lost on the path of life," Peter responds easily. He's acting cool. He's acting cool. He's acting cool.

Tony snorts dramatically and glances up. "Nice one."

Peter just smiles and sits down next to him. "What are we working on today?"

"Just finishing some tinkering up with FRIDAY's update. You can help me fix some of the bugs. Pretty easy stuff," Tony explains, pulling up a hologram screen full of code and swiping it over to Peter.

Peter nods. "Sounds good."

He starts working through the code, looking for any abnormalities or things that could be improved. Just when he thinks Tony won't say anything about his curly hair, he senses a hand move towards him.

Peter glances over just as Tony ruffles his hair, which he has certainly never done before. He was wearing a smirk. "You should leave your hair like that more. It suits you better. You look more comfortable."

"...Oh," Peter says after a second of processing. He gives him a smile. "Thanks."

Tony looks back at his work. "No problem, kid."

They fall back into their rhythm, and hair ruffling becomes a vital part of their schedule.

(Peter also stops wearing hair gel.)