Sensory Loss

Spooktober.11

⚠️Sensory overload! Stay safe, everyone⚠️

(the next time I create a oneshot without a trigger warning, please celebrate I literally-)

Peter had gotten hurt pretty bad.

A large gash in the left side of his torso, and he definitely needed at least stitching. Bruce was luckily at the compound when Tony had brought him to the med bay in a hurry.

"I'm going to give him some pain meds to dull the pain when I clean and stitch the wound," Bruce says quickly. He sets up an IV, and Peter is too tired to fight back.

He was honestly exhausted. If not from the fight, then just life in general. He's also lost a lot of blood—

Out of nowhere, it feels like something vital has been ripped from under him. He can't feel anything. He tries to clench his fist, but he can't feel it.

The fear from not feeling anything sends him into a panic, and his heart rate rises on the monitor.

The downside to one enhanced sense being dulled, is that it means the rest of his enhanced senses being ten times more enhanced.

His heartbeat pounds in his ears, giving him an instant migraine. He doesn't feel the tears running down his face, nor Tony's hand wiping them away.

Peter can barely hear Tony's quiet whispers of affirmations over the beeping of his heart monitor, the stitching of his own injury and the office chair that Bruce was sitting in rolling around on the linoleum floor.

He kept his eyes shut as tight as they could, but not even that could dull the torture of the bright fluorescent, somehow buzzing his ears off and burning his closed eyes.

The sounds and sights attacked him like a hurricane and not long after, his body just gave up. He passed out, his head falling to the side and his vision finally going dark.

"Is he going to be okay?" Tony was full of concern, his eyebrows scrunched with his parental worries.

"He's going to be fine," Bruce explained calmly. "My guess is that he had a sensory overload from the medication, and it was so bad that his body went into fight or flight mode and passed out. But he will be okay, just make sure he rests."

Tony nods. "Of course. Thank you, Bruce."

"Anytime. I'll try and find a medication that can work properly in case something like this happens again."

"Let's hope it doesn't," Tony adds with a frown.

Bruce gives him a reassuring smile and leaves the room.

Peter wakes up about three hours later. The medicine had worn off, leaving him with a painful—yet stitched, wound in his side. He probably preferred it over not feeling anything at all.

"Hey, kid." Tony sat up and rubbed his eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," Peter says tiredly. "I'm good."

"Good! That's good."

Peter smiles. "Good."

...

"No more pain-numbing meds for you, huh?"

"Mr. Stark—"