Lab Rat

"Yes, dad is at work. Can I please come in for some training? I have a few more days left of suspension. It's friday, right?"
"Indeed. Have you seen Zim?"
"Not in person. But I check on him regularly."
"I see. Well, we have to inform you of something before you begin training."
"What?"
"You'll have to come in."
"Um, okay."
"And be prepared for anything, Dib."
"Why do you make it sound bad?"
"Well, I just know that this information can be shocking. So keep your head on when you see this."
"Alright. I'll be there in twenty. I'm gonna check on Zim. I haven't seen him in two days. And he won't answer the door."
"Well be careful."
I wonder what's going on that they won't let me start training just yet. I'm eager to know the ropes. I want to learn whatever I can.
I have five hours before I have to be home. So I better book it. I've been worried about Zim, though. So him first.
Walking over I heard a giant crash noise, followed by a familiar laugh and then a disgruntled growl.
"Didn't sound-"
"Kenny, down from the lighting. Now!!! Gir! You said he would stop throwing his disgusting feces everywhere."
"He did.
"What is this then?!"
"Hehe!"
"You lied!!"
"Zim?"
"Oh no...wait, Kenny, out of the ceiling glowing bowl."
"It's a light cover."
"Shut up, Gir! This is all of your fault!"
"Gir, let me in, now!"
"Yes sir!"
"No, don't!"
The door flew open and in the living room, I saw Zim standing there
Under the overhead light. Above him, hanging from the light was a pretty big monkey hanging by his tail.
"That's Kenny?"
"Dib-stick. He hates humans."
The monkey started swinging at me and then leapt of the lighting fixture and towards me.
Before I did anything, Zim stood in front of me on his spider legs and used his tube like arm things from his pak and stopped the monkey.
"No, Kenny. This human is off limits. Now go to your corner. Now."
I have never seen him like that.
The monkey fell to the ground and took off, away from me and him. He then faced me and immediately turned dark green.
"Whoa. Way quicker than last time. I-I'm even in full clothing. What did I do?"
"If you know what is going on, D-Dib-shit, then why do you come by? I-I was behaving... go away."
"I was just checking on you."
"Go, before I do something I'll regret."
"Oh please. Alright, I'm going. I have to go to headquarters anyways."
"Why? Training?"
"Well, they said that they have to show me something before I start my training."
"Did they tell you anything about what they needed to show you."
"No."
"Maybe I should go with you."
"I don't think that is a good idea. Your color is getting darker."
"Well... alright, miserable human."
The monkey suddenly came running out of the kitchen and jumped up on Gir, then started gnawing in his head.
"Hi Kenny!"
"Gir! Control Kenny!"
"Friends don't control friends. Kenny is my friend!"
"Did he fry his circuit?"
"He crashed and he refuses to rest so that his system can reboot. I keep begging but-"
"Gir."
"Yea, sir?"
Gir was suddenly standing in front of me, monkey still gnawing on his head.
"Go shut down your system. It's time for a reboot."
"Yes, sir."
"Oh sure, he listens to you."
"Because I am still in vocal control."
"Oh."
"Forget?"
"Shut up, puny earthworm. Take you and your smile that I love so much that I hate it, and jump off a cliff."
"So you can save me. Right."
"Stop it!"
"Haha, later, Zim."
Alright I better get this over with now so that I can get to training. I really want to become a MiB agent. It's so exciting. You never know what kind of trouble you'll get into or what you'll see. So far, agent 234 acts like he's seen it all. But I get baffled with every alien species I've see.
"Time to teleport."
I picked the location across the street and saw nobody around on my camera so I went teleported there immediately.
"Wow, incredibly uncomfortable. Here we go."
Security Sam is waiting for me.
"Sam."
"Reserve member Membrane. I have to let in and take you down. Agent 234 will be waiting for you."
"Right."
I wonder why they are being so secretive about this. Does Zim know what is about to happen? He seemed concerned. His eyes read the concern as he glared at me. What does he know that I don't? I mean, there is a lot he knows that I don't know, but, I mean, this seems like something beyond an alien race.
Inside the top level, the officer removed his head. There, on a chair, sat a little creature that looked like a mini red version of that squid villian thing from Pirates of the Caribbean.
"You're an alien too?"
"Yup. Surprise."
"What kind?"
"A Porgle."
"Ah."
"You know what a porgle is?"
"No."
"Oh. We'll talk about it later."
"Cool."
"He used these mechanisms in the neck and then the body walked over to the elevator and incerted a key card.
"This is where I leave you. Have good day, Dib."
"Eh, we'll see."
Okay, climb on, Dib and head on down. Keep a cool head. You can do it. I mean you've seen a lot since you've been here. What could they possibly show you that would frighten you now?
The elevator opened up and revealed not only agent 234, but also a man that I hadn't seen in the flesh. Just in a few video calls throughout the facility.
"This is him."
"Hmm?"
"It's been sixteen years, Dib. I have been dying for your arrival. I knew you would be the one to return. Your father bet on your sister but I told him, 'Aluthra, there is no way.' You were the one with spark from the start."
"My father's name is not Aluthra."
"Hmm? You do not know yet?"
"No, he doesn't. His father has not remembered who he is quite yet. Might not ever."
"Oh dear. Well, this might come as a shock to you, but I will show you. It's quite interesting. Let's start with a small fact. You are human, but you are the first human to ever be made in a lab, so to speak."
"What?!"
"Sir, perhaps we need to-"
"Nonsense. We must rip the bandage off, overwhelm him all at once so he can take it all in and understand everything."
"Sir, he-"
"Hush. Dib, follow me."
"Right."
I followed him to a part of the facility that I had never been to before. A hallway lined with doors and in the windows next to the doors, there were labs. All in working order... except one.
In the window. I saw nothing but black. The door to the room said quarenteen on it.
"What is-is this."
"Welcome to the room you were born in, Dib."