So Much For Freedom

"Release day. Yes!"
"Calm down, Zim."
"Sorry, Agent 234. I am just filled with joy. All three hearts are humming a song of positive emotions."
"I see. I'm glad you're happy. There is something that you should know about Dib."
"And what is that?"
"He was suspended yesterday after getting into a fight at skool."
"Why did he get into a fight? That earth monkey has no reason to fight others."
"He was defending you."
"What?"
"He was defending you. Apparently a couple of boys were trash talking you and this wasn't the first time and Dib snapped. The boys got suspension at the hospital. Dib and Keef were suspended for a week."
"Then I do not wish to go to skool until he comes back."
"If you can get away with it, sure."
"Alright. So when do we get to leave here?"
"With the doctor's approval. We have to wait on her and then I will take you home."
"Aw, glorpsnot."
"I know, it sucks having to wait on your doctor. But you got to do it."
"I have donuts waiting for you at home, Zim."
"Dib tell you to make them?"
"No. I made them myself. You will like them, I guarantee."
"Oh."
"Dib asked me to make you something you would eat."
"I see."
"And since I had the ingredients to make donuts, that's what I made."
"Well... thank you, Gir."
"Of course."
Stupid smile.
Oh, there is the knock on the door. Please be the doctor.
"Come on in."
it's another agent.
"Son of a suzzlenot!"
"Calm down, Zim. What is it agent 985?"
"Unidentified small space craft, coming in."
"Let me see the footage."
Hmm?
The agent who came in pulled out a small flat device and held it out in front of him. A full arms length away. Suddenly a hologram shot up about a foot from the device and the 3D image I saw nearly made my lose my soup.
"Oh no."
"What is it, Zim? Do you know this space craft?"
"It's an invader retreat pod. There is only one that was sent from here."
"By you."
"No, by Tak, someone I chased away. With the help of Dib the worm and his terrifying sister."
"We must have missed that event."
"it was interesting. She took off in a pos like that and-"
"Incoming message from reserve holder, Membrane."
"Dib?"
"He's confirmed what Zim has informed us of."
"Zim? You have any idea on how to approach it?"
"Yes. Gir!"
"Yes Zim?"
"Call her."
"I'll try to contact her through her droid."
"Thank you, Gir."
His chest split open and a screen came together and flipped on.
"Calling maintenance member Tak."
Okay, here we go. I can't believe I'm about to talk to her after all of these years.
It felt like an eternity when the screen changed. The picture lit up and there she was. I've never seen panic upon an Irken's face. Well... it's been a few years.
"We meet again, Zim."
"Why are you back, Tak?"
"To inform you that you no longer have to conquer this miserable earth."
"I know."
"Wait, what?"
"I know. I've been granted the opportunity to stay here on the miserable rock by the the government. My Tallest, along with most, if not all of our fleet. Are dead."
"Excuse me? I was just trying to deceive you so that you would leave."
"Come down here to the surface and meet me at the youngling skool."
"Why would I trust you?"
"Try and call them."
"I cannot, imbiciel."
"Right. Well then you don't have a choice. You either come down to where I told you to, or go back home and see for yourself."
Her eyes seemed so full of hatred. She spent such a long time on this planet. How did the gases not wear off.
"I will be waiting, Tak. Gir, cut contact."
"Yes, Zim."
Okay. Let's go.
"I must leave. If the doctor is against it then I will come back later. But this is time sensitive. Come along, Gir."
"Wee!"
"I told you to lay off the coffee coated treats. You didn't listen, did you?"
"Nope."
"Dammit, Gir!"
"We have to go with you."
"I cannot stop you, but she's got a few tricks up her sleeve. So take caution, human."
"Right. Go ahead and leave. Skool is going on right now. So don't get to close to the skool."
"Indeed. Hop on, Gir."
Gir climbed on top of my pack and spider legs crawled out from it, lifting me up off the ground.
"Come along."
And off we go. Passed the leader of the base, a few of the agents, a lot of aliens. Wow, a Stogolate Balura. Focus.
The skool was farther than I thought it was and as soon as I made it to the outskirts of town, my spider legs retracted and the wings came out.
"Ugh."
"Are you alright, Zim?"
"This is not the first situation I wanted to find myself in."
"Location of Tak. She can be found across the street from the play area of the skool."
"Excellent work, Gir."
"Thank you."
I see her.
Tak was standing there with her robot in disguise and as I landed, Gir climbed off my back.
"Hello Tak."
"Hello Zim."
"You've been gone for four earth years. Why did you come back."
"I still want what is rightfully mine."
"They never wanted this planet. It was never in the the straight line of distruction."
"Then why the snotpuck did they send you here?"
"To rid themselves of me. I was supposed to die on the journey here. And when I didn't, they were just unrelieved that I was no longer their problem."
"What sort of evidence do you have that My Tallest are gone."
"Gir."
"Yes, Zim?"
"Show the last transmission we recieved from them."
"Of course."
The last transmission I got were my Tallest and everyone in the driving unit screaming, crying and running in circles. I know they wronged me in so many ways but it's still tragic to see.
"You let this happen?"
"No. I caused the florpus. But they could have avoided it if they would have just gone around it."
"There love for going in a straight line."
"They thought they could make it but they didn't."
"Anyone else alive?"
"Nobody so far."
"Great. so you live here on this miserable rock?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"I am use to it. You should see what I found out about our planet. Let me ruin your idea about how pleasant our world was."
"Try it, little green man."
Now this should be fun.