I nod, "Luke is my best friend, I know him inside out, he's not a risk for me, he's completely safe and he doesn't mean to, but he makes me relive my past because of how much he was in it, and I don't want that. I want someone who I can talk to about my past and feel good but someone who doesn't allow my past to define me. I want someone who makes me feel, with Luke I feel like everything is numb but I crave adventure, and that's everything that Luke isn't." I admit, wow I've admitted a lot tonight that I never thought I would.

Aiden looks at me in amazement, his piercing look actually makes me blush a little. So much so that he looks away once he realizes how much he was staring at me.

"Let's sleep Collins," Aiden whispers. I nod and cuddle into him when he puts an arm around my waist in a comforting notion, something just let me know that he was there for me and wasn't going anywhere.

I knew that tomorrow I'd regret everything that had happened tonight, my confessions as well as my sleeping choices and the fact that I wasn't even able to pry a drunk Luke away from me. As much as I was certain I would regret everything when I woke up, I didn't regret anything yet and I was going to take full advantage of that, without overthinking anything I snuggle back into Aiden and fall into a final, and much desired dreamless night. Nothing but a peaceful feeling washing over me and instant, and constant warmth everywhere mine and Aidens bodies made contact.

***

I feel Aiden stir in his sleep, he slides his hand up from my hip but pulls away instantly when he realizes the position we were in. I had been awake for a few minutes but couldn't yet force myself to face the world. I opened up to Aiden AGAIN last night and that's not okay. I can't believe how comfortable with Aiden I was last night. Did I seriously change into only a shirt in front of him?!

Idiot.

My shirt had ridden up during the night so my underwear like shorts were presumably on display, goosebumps covered every part of my skin that Aiden run his fingers up before quickly pulling away.

After a minute, I feel Aiden shake me slightly.

I stir, pretending I'm waking up and turn to face him. I hadn't heard my parents return yet so I assumed they hadn't. I guess it made sense considering it was only 9:00 am in the morning. I was never an early riser but I had woken up some time ago to cuddle into my pillow and return to the best sleep I'd had in years when I realized my pillow was in fact not a pillow at all and was instead a bad boy player that had managed to get me into bed.

The worst part was that I had instigated it, I didn't want to be alone so I asked Aiden to stay and of course, he would say yes.

"Collins, wake up." Aiden continues softly.

"I'm awake." I sigh sleepily after a moment and sit up to add to the illusion that Aiden had just woken me and I had no clue how this morning had begun.

"I think we need to go check on Luke," Aiden sighs.

I sigh as well and reluctantly groan, "I don't want to deal with my best friend right now."

"Come on Collins, you can't avoid him forever," Aiden chuckles.

Sighing I put the pillow on my face and groan before I climb out of bed.

"Stay here, I'll come and get you when I've spoken to Luke," I finally agree, he chuckles and salutes me before grabbing his phone and playing a game.

"Good luck babe," Aiden winks.

I glare at him and make my way to the spare room only to find Luke wasn't there. He must have woken, unlike me, he always woke up really early.

I walk downstairs still in nothing but Luke's shirt and tiny shorts before I catch sight of him sitting on a stool in the kitchen with a cup of what I assume to be coffee looking into space. When he sees me he smiles sheepishly and gestures to the spot directly opposite him.