Chapter 10: Tis the Season, for Birthday Surprises!

Note: there is a part that's flowery, more so than usual, and I have it that way for a reason:)

         ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Tell him, Catherine, tell him how he used the Cruciatus curse on me!" Bonnie screamed at everyone in the room. It made the redhead flinch. Not only because it was loud, but she knew deep down in her heart what she had to do. Catherine gulped — subtly, then she stared directly into Dumbledore's eyes.

"That's simply not true," Catherine contented. "The only spelled I used was Confundo."

Her voice did not falter, and if she was nervous, no one could tell. Bonnie's face fell from anger to a terrible sorrow as tears started to form in her eyes.

"I did that spell so she would stop hurting Nagini." Catherine frowned, feigning sadness, which wasn't hard because that's what she felt.  Amongst many other grim emotions.

"You lying wretch! This is his influence. I knew Tom would make you go mad!" Bonnie screamed — throwing a temper tantrum.
The redhead looked at the floor.
Maybe it is. Catherine thought. But that doesn't stop the fact that Bonnie tried to kill Nagini.

"Miss McBurke, please calm yourself. As it seems, no efficient evidence can be claimed that Riddle did you use such a curse."
The transfiguration professor gave Tom a suspicious glance. Then wandered back to Bonnie.
"And your mind was confused at the time. I'm sorry, Miss McBurke, you'll serve detention, and a letter will also be sent home to your parents."

Tom grabed his robes with a death grip as if he's holding back. Catherine discreetly brushed her hand against his other, she nearly recoiled from his icy skin, but she remained firm — he intertwined his hand to hers — she believed it gave him strength as she ducked her head and he breathed in deeply.

———

Catherine's fingers brushed against his — at first, he could feel the heat of blush appear. But he held it back by thinking of his hatred for that fool Dumbledore and all the malicious ideas of what he could do to that filthy mudblood standing before him.