chapter 17

Chapter 17

DAMON

"ok Susan, let me know the update by tomorrow morning." I hang up to face my beautiful Claire, staring at me from the bed.

"So I was thinking..."

I sit beside her, slowly stroking her hair back.

"What?" I say.

"Want me to move in with you?"

I shockingly stay silent.

"I have not really comfortable with you being away from work for two weeks now"

"I'm not complaining, I'll fly back tomorrow to be back the next day, I can handle things to perfection from here, you don't have to move in with me because of that"

"Don't you want me to?"

"There's nothing more I want than to wake up every morning to your beautiful aura, eventually you're still going to move when we get married, I just want you to make decisions for you"

"Then I'm moving in, " she sits on my lap to give me a kiss tease.

"How my baby doing?"

"So far they are behaving"

"They? We are expecting twins?" I rest my hands on her waist. Truth be told I would love to have a boy and a girl set of twins. That would be perfect.

"Well, that's Rebecca's intuition, Mary, Scott or the both of them."

"She has them named already" I laughed because I've grown accustomed to Rebecca's weirdness which is cool I must admit.

She starts to kiss me again.

"My nympho of a wife is horny"

"No, I'm not! maybe a little but that's a pre-birthday kiss, you're going to have to patiently hold on till tomorrow for the next present."

I totally forgot my birthday is tomorrow.

"You think I won't remember? I love you too much not to remember the day your mother gave birth to you precious, she gave birth to my destiny and I'll be forever grateful for that"

She kisses me again before we head to the kitchen to eat lunch.

This serenity that surrounds this town is one I'm envious of. I wouldn't mind setting up a permanent base here and fly to the city for urgent work meetings. I'll definitely think about that.

The next morning, Claire is behind the wheel, driving us to her surprise destination for my birthday. We'd been driving for three hours when we finally arrived at the place. She stepped out for a bit.

"Come down babe"

"Where are we going?" I grab the box from the trunk of the car.

"Why bother asking when you know I won't tell you?" She scoffs and I grab her close to kiss her pointed nose.

After filling the necessary papers, the inn led us to an express cruiser which I presume will be taking us to our destination.

Holy shit, she brought me to a motherfucking island, how sweet. We alight from the boat, our feet sank a bit into the beach sand.

"This is beautiful," I say into the wind.

"I'm glad you like it," she says, motioning me to the house we'll be staying. As we enter into the living room, my jaw dropped in view of what I am staring at.

The room had red balloons glued to the ceiling, candles everywhere, a three-tier red velvet cake on the table, wine and most of all the rose petal inscription on the floor that says,