chapter 8

Chapter 8
I STEPPED INTO MY APARTMENT, surprised to see everywhere dark but then again it's my birthday, I knew this was not ordinary. As I switch on the lights I find a bunch of people in my living room scream "happy birthday Claire". I wasn't surprised at all, Rebecca does this every year so I kinda know what to expect. I acted shocked cause I didn't want them thinking I wasn't surprised.

" mom?!" I see my mum walk out to me with open arms.

"Happy birthday my darling" she pulled me into a tight embrace. "Can't believe you're thirty already, makes me feel old."

"No mum, fifty-two isn't old, it's totally the start of life and you don't even look it, you look more like my age" I kiss her cheeks. "I'm so glad you came down here".

" I wouldn't miss it for anything, your dad couldn't make it but he sends his wishes"

"You being here feels like I have both of you present"

"Happy birthday bestie, " Rebecca placed a happy birthday cap on my head.

"Where'd did you get all these people beccs?" I realized I didn't know half the crowd in my living room.

"Well, I invited strippers, guys that once crushed on you, guys that are still crushing on you, girls who just want to have fun and guess what!"

"At this point, nothing would surprise me"

"Well you will be, trust me, it's in your room"

"My room? Presents?"

"Yea a big one, but that is after you are drunk, been strip teased, only then are you allowed to go in there. And don't worry, no one, not even your mum knows I kept the present there, the door is locked, I'll give you the keys once you're wasted"

"But..."

"Time to get the party started!!!!" She started playing disco songs from her phone connected to my apartment blue tooth stereo.

I Walked around my living avoiding a lot of people. I am not ready to chat with people I don't know. Rebecca is officially the craziest friend ever. Strippers? I didn't see that coming. I tried searching for my mum and then I saw her having a conversation with strangers in my house. The lights in my living room suddenly went dark leaving only the disco light on. I suddenly felt an arm around my neck. I turned to see who. Strippers. Solid-body strippers just how I like them. The three of them only had white underpants on, brown-skinned and handsome. Rebecca made a good choice. They stand in front of me doing all the striptease thingy. Maybe I should relax and enjoy this. Rebecca brought shots and I drank five of it immediately. My throat burned, reacting to the liquor. I was finally in the mood to party. I trailed each of their abs and v line torso in amusement. It made me wish Damon was here, I want to see him look at me while I flirt with not one but three guys, then he'd punish me afterward for that, by fucking me to the brim.

I took more shots and became the stripper myself, except the stripping. I gave the strippers a lap dance. This scenario briefly reminded me of the old me. I was drunk on the highest but still sane. Knowing I've had enough I walk up to Rebecca to ask for my keys. I've done all that there's to do in the ritual. Cut the cake, make a wish, had fun with strippers, danced like a deranged animal and etc.

"Hey, thanks for all of this beccs, I really appreciate it"

"You're welcome bestie"

Unlike me, she wasn't high or even tipsy in the slightest.

"I'm heading in"

She handed me the key to my room from her bag.

"Tell my mum she can sleep in...."
"I already planned all of that, go get your present"