chapter 14

Chapter 14

It's been a week since Rebecca went back to the city and I must say I'm doing quite well, well I was before and just selfishly wanted her to stay more cause I didn't want to be lonely. I go to the other side of my car to fetch the groceries I've bought, it's a chilled evening that looks like it's going to raining judging from the dark sky.

I race to my porch to avoid sudden strokes of rain beating my skin. I have been extra careful with what I eat, do and where I am to keep the baby safe and being sick is a no go area except it's as a result of the baby. I ate well, didn't expose my body to bad weather which on my part I know goes too extra but it's better safe than sorry right?  I look beside me to spot an unusual object parked in the neighbor's compound. We don't have fenced houses so it's pretty much naked to see everything. The luxurious sleek car reminded me of my Bentley, the car I had sold before coming here and replacing it with a black Lexus jeep. Pretty down cost and besides, I wasn't ready for small-town gossip that I am either a bitch who got pregnant for a wealthy guy in the city and then given a lot of money to leave in solitude forever, or maybe I am a baby mama to be for a politician, or maybe I'm just a middle-class woman who got pregnant out of wedlock. I prefer the last option. There won't be much to say because if there's one thing old women love to do in small towns, it's gossip.

After taking in the sleekness of the car, it dawned on me that the occupant might have arrived. Should i go say hi, or wait for them to come say hi which is tradition? I began fetching for my keys from the grocery bag when a familiar voice hit me from behind. What the fuck? Not again Nathan.

I turn around to face him and he's smiling at me. He's as handsome as i last remembered from the night i slapped him but not as close to Damon's masculinity, it's a one in a thousand look for men like himself.  Having being Damonized, i don't think i can be sired to another man again.

"Hey," he says, still smiling only this time he wears an expression of not knowing whether or not I'd receive him.

"Hi," i said flatly, my voice dry.

"You look beautiful," he says in a whisper.

"Hmmm hmm," i mummed eagerly waiting to hear him spit what he has to say. How did he even find me? Oh well leave it to a military man to never give up on something he wants, or somebody, that's the only freaking reason he's here. If my life was a movie script, I'm sure it would end up being a top-grossing film judging by the drama that has been happening in my life since before the birth of my first child. Ari would be perfect to enact my role, another lead on the bio. I really miss her too, not quite sure or aware if the feeling is mutual cause i blocked all communication with ice Corp which included the tiniest rat in the building, not that there's a rat though, the building is as clean as the man himself. The man whom i had known all my life I'd say, if only human beings are clairvoyant, i would have married him since high school, he would have been mine from the beginning and not arms clutched to a spiteful pregnant bit- oh she's going to be a mother, i shouldn't cuss her- who cares! She's a spiteful pregnant bitch.

"Claire?" He called out softly, the gentility of his voice breaking into my thought.

"What do you want Stan? I thought i already told you that..." My bitch mode got cut off

"You had someone? Maybe then yes but now, no, I've been following you discreetly" is that a good thing? He can't go all bodyguard on me now, he had the chance once and he destroyed it. "And before you think I'm a stalker, protecting you from afar seemed the possible and logical thing to do and the tabloids made things easy too. I still love you Claire and this time, since i came back, it's deeply genuine, i have been miserable without you, i can't move on without you in my life, i want to be in your future and you in mine. Marrying me, Having our kids and growing old.  It's you that i want, it's always been you, please give me a chance. I love you"