22 - Life on the Wanted List

Start from the beginning

“What?” Jack jerked in surprise.

“Well…if we’re trying to be nondescript…” I cast a long glance at his face, “Your piercings are kind of a giveaway.”

“We’ll see,” Jack quipped sharply.

I held my hand up in defense before turning back to the clothes. Someone was a bit touchy about the metal in their face.

I thumbed through a lot of cardigans on the racks, but resisted the urge to take them.

Nondescript, I told myself once again.

Finally I found myself a boring grey tank top and a plain black hoodie in what looked to be my size.

I then turned myself towards the jean section, grimacing.

Even though I hated the thought of being stuck in jean, I knew a skirt didn’t exactly scream out nondescript.

I picked out a pair of dark skinny jeans, slinging it over my arm before searching for Todd and Jack.

I found Jack with a plain black t-shirt and Todd with a plain blue one. I smiled at them in approval, especially when I saw Todd’s choice of a black beanie – it covered his neon orange hair perfectly.

“Okay…So are we going to go?” I bit my lip nervously as I shifted my weight.

Stealing felt so…wrong.

But I sucked it up and mimed returning the closes to the rack while really holding them so that they were covered by my skirt. As long as I walked out with my other side facing the clerk, I would be A-okay.

And surprisingly it was (for once). The clerk didn’t even lift up her head as we left, too focused on the People magazine in her hands.

I didn’t stop holding my breath until we were in the safety of the alleyway once more.

“Whoa there,” my eyes widened as I caught Jack mid-change.

“My abs are pretty amazing,” Jack teased, wagging his eyebrows suggestively.

Narrowing my eyes, I told him and Todd to turn around while I changed.

“You don’t honestly think I’d look do you?” Jack pouted innocently.

“Yeah, right,” I’d scoffed. “ I don’t trust you for a second.”

“That hurts. It really does.”

I rolled my eyes as Jack turned around, hand pathetically held to his chest.

Oh Please.

I cautiously checked the alley’s mouth once more, then noted that Todd was facing the wall and Jack hadn’t moved either.

As quickly as possible, I did my best attempt at girl scout changing,

“Thanks for not being a douche and turning around,” I patted Jack’s shoulder as I meandered to Todd who was still stoic against the wall.

Jack sent me a questioning glance, but remained quiet when I put my finger to my lips.

When I was directly behind Todd, I attacked.
I couldn’t help laughing as I tickled his sides mercilessly

“No fair- Stop. Stop!” Todd whined as he laughed, doubling over.

“Ally Stop!”

I thought it was hilarious that now of all times, he remembered my name, but son after he yelled, I felt myself being lifted off the ground.