0.5

My Love,

September was probably our craziest month, at least for me. I went through a lot of doubt and was always on edge. We started dating without ever being friends and so many a times in the first phases of our relationship I didn't know how to act around you. I only knew how to be your girlfriend. I didn't know I was allowed to just be your friends at times and it took time to learn this. I remember often telling my friends about how we'd break up by the end of the month because we lacked a connection. I really had no faith in us, my love.

Don't misunderstand me, however. My feelings were real. I cared for you very much but you didn't make it easy. You showed very little affection. You never texted me sweet messages exclaiming your feelings for me. You rarely complimented my appearance or reinforced what attracted you to me. Yes; I realize that my wants were conceited, but knowing that doesn't change what I wanted. We hugged often but you rarely held my hand. You waited for me to make every move. Knowing better now, I can blame your ex for that. Still, I was used to and wanted a guy who took charge. You weren't that, my love. You made up for it though by being great is so many other ways and so I stayed.

DF: 1.26.20
WC: 228