The group sang loudly, some off-tune and some beautifully, but they were enjoying every minute of it.

The seating arrangement was changed as they decided to make an almost-cirlce. That is why Muntaha ended up standing beside Hadiya. And conincidentally-or not so coincidentally for Armaan- Faris sat right infront of Muntaha.

"Khan, tu kiyu chup betha hai." Armaan said to Faris.

(Why are you so quiet, Khan?)

Faris looked at Armaan who was sitting diagonal to him.

"Wese tou, we all already know how great Faris sings. But for our newbies here, Faris will sing us a song." Armaan said with a cheeky grin and recieved a glare from Faris.

"C'mon, Khan. Don't be a spoil-sport."

Everyone started encouraging Faris, asking him to sing for them.

"Okay, okay. Fine. Konsa wala suno ge?"

(Which one should I sing?)

"That one you were humming the other day." Armaan replied in a heart-beat and Faris shook his head and smiled at his friends antics.

"Hamein har ghadi aarzu hai tumhari" Faris started singing with his head down. Everyone knew about his singing skills but Muntaha and Haidya were surprised.

"Hoti hai kaisi sanam bekarari" He looked up and their eyes met. And this very time, neither Muntaha nor Faris could take their eyes away from each other.

"Milenge jo tumko to
Milenge jo tumko to batayenge hum" His lips streached into a small smile, his dimples making an appearance.

"Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam
Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam"

"Kasam chaahe le lo
Kasam chaahe le lo khuda ki kasam" There was something in his eyes Muntaha couldn't understand. Muntaha considered her looks as average. But the way Faris gazed into her eyes, it made her feel special.

"Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam
Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam"

"Hamari gazal hai tasavvur tumhara" They both knew it was wrong to look each other like that. They were liberal and open-minded but had their religious values straight.Still, they couldn't help it.

"Tumhare bina ab na jeena hamara
Tumhein yoon hi chaahenge"

"Tumhein yoon hi chaahenge
jab tak hai dum"

"Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam
Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam" Faris never stared at any girl. He respected women and his religion. Also, he was never interested. But this girl made him do crazy things. The innocence in her green orbs. The golden glow of her face. The noor surrounding her.

"Kasam chaahe le lo
Kasam chaahe le lo khuda ki kasam" Muntaha felt a tug in her heart but she couldn't decipher what that feeling was.

"Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam
Bahut pyaar karte hain tumko sanam"

Everyone cheered for Faris but Faris was lost in those green orbs making Muntaha blush. Armaan pinched Faris on his thigh which made him realise that everyone was praising his voice. Faris just smiled in gratitude and their games kept going on till the night spread its wings on the sky and everyone drowsed off.

Muntaha, who ended up sitting parallel to Faris turned to cover Hadiya properly with the blanket they were sharing and her gaze fell upon Faris who was looking at the night sky. He looked something else, someone serene with the moonlight shining on his face and the stars glimmering in his eyes. Faris, feeling someone's eyes on him, turned to look and his eyes clashed Muntaha.

Grey against green.

Muntaha gave him a polite smile and Faris returned his charming one. They both then turned to the window, gazing at the stars unknown to the twists of fate waiting for them.

●~●

"We will all go in four groups. The map is given to you. This is our first hiking trip here and I hope you enjoy the natural beauty Malam Jabba offers." Their teacher and the head of this trip, Professor Tahir, said.

They were all divided into four groups. Muntaha and Hadiya were placed with Amna, Hajra, Faisal, Hamad, Armaan and , ofcourse, Faris. They all were class mates and good friends except Muntaha and Hadiya but their welcoming nature made Hadiya and Muntaha both comfortable around them.

"The winner team gets the best suite of the hotel. You have to complete the 8-miles hike and come back to this point." Prof. Tahir said, sticking a red flag on the tree beside him.

"Best of luck guys!" He cheered and the students roared in excitement. Everyone started their hike, gazing at the buffet of natural beauty around them.

Author's Note
I guess I shouldn't even apologise for making you guys wait for soooooo long. But I have been really busy. Like really really busy. So please understand. I love your messages and comments. Please share, vote and leave your thoughts in the comment section or my inbox.