After Two Weeks We've Finally Pulled Through

Courfeyrac sat in silence and glared at the fire. His fingers were pressed against each other and his elbows rested either side of the chair, giving the impression of a villain from a Bond movie. He was contemplating everything that had happened so far, whether he wanted to approach Enjolras, or wait for him to approach him - after all, it was Enjolras who punched him, not the other way round. All of a sudden a powerful Éponine bursted in through the Hufflepuff portrait with a bemused Enjolras and a petrified Marius behind her.

"Luc Courfeyrac, Julien Enjolras, you two idiots," she shouted, pulling Enjolras by the colar in front of her, "will make up right now or there will be severe consequences." Marius retreated to the corner of the room to avoid the wrath of the she-beast, hoping she would soon turn back into his funny, loving and caring friend soon.

"Courfeyrac-" Enjolras began but Courfeyrac cut him off. He shot up from his chair like a firework and, like a firework, he exploded.

"Don't, Enjolras. I'm fed up with taking all of this, you punched me!" he yelled at him. Enjolras stood staring at him for awhile before Courfeyrac sighed and went up into his dorm. Marius slowly advanced towards Éponine with Cosette near him.

"Um, did that go well?" Marius asked quietly. He looked like was trying to fold himself up so he could be flat and invisible.

"You think, Pontmercy?" Enjolras snapped. Marius recoiled and Éponine and Cosette shot him a glare.

"Look, I've only met you for a couple of seconds and already I think you're arrogant," Cosette stated calmly.

"Oh he is," Éponine stated, "don't just think, believe."

"You can't treat people like this! It's not right! Go after your friend and apologise!" Cosette snapped. Enjolras looked at the floor for a few moments before looking back at Cosette.

Who was this girl who dared to criticise his actions? Who dared to shout at him? Even he had to admit that Marius had done well, but they were only children. How could this child's game last? How could the even call it love?

Enjolras stood up slowly and nodded at Cosette. "How long has this been going on for?" he asked.

"Two weeks," Éponine muttered. She was sat in a chair with her legs overhanging one of the arms.

"Right, well. Marius organise that speech that you're going to send your uncle on House elves rights. I'm going to the library to talk to that drunk oaf that we know," Enjolras muttered and walked out of the common room. As he said he would be, he was in the library sat in the corner Grantaire normally sat in.

Ten minutes later, as expected, Grantaire arrived. But unexpectedly sober. All he did was grunt and plopped himself down beside Enjolras. "Hard day?" he asked.

"It's only the morning," Enjolras snapped, "how can I answer about the day?"

"Ok, how was your morning?"

"It's still the morning," Enjolras mumbled, folding his arms.

"How is your morning?"

"Terrible. Courfeyrac hates me-"

"You did punch him and broke his nose. If it wasn't for Madame Pomfrey his nose would still be crooked," Grantaire stated. He shuffled against the wall into a more comfortable position; slouching was great but isn't good for posture.

"Yes, but I've tried saying I'm sorry and he won't listen," Enjolras hissed. Grantaire thought for a moment being the older one and the more "responsible" one he had to think of a suitable and safe plan to help Enjolras. Now, killing him was out of the question because a) Enjolras wanted his friend alive and b) that's not going to look good on him. He couldn't tell Enjolras to say sorry because that has been proven to not work.

"Isn't he a half blood?" Grantaire asked.

"How did you know?" Enjolras asked uncertainly.

"You can tell. He's spoken about a 'football' team that he supports, and that's a muggle sport," Grantaire said, pulling out a Walkman with headphones and a cassette. "It was a present from Bossuet - he's muggleborn - but I'm not interested in this kind of music. Maybe you could use it as a peace offering." Enjolras eyed the Walkman suspiciously.

"Muggle devices don't work in Hogwarts," Enjolras muttered.

"The great part is that Bossuet is one of Dumbledore's favourites and put some kind of enchantment on it so one of the spells on the castle wot effect it," Grantaire stated, smiling widely. "Now, the one in the Walkman is Blondie and the thingy out of it is Anastasia. I think."

"Thanks Grantaire," Enjolras said cheerfully and went off to find Courfeyrac. Which, of course and logically, left Grantaire on his own to gaze at one of the book titles, So, You Want To Make Someone Love You? But Grantaire was sure that was illegal and hadn't been taken out of the library by Madame Pince for her own, personal reasons. He was sure that her and Filch would make a lovely pair.

~**~

"Courf!" Enjolras shouted. He was running up the stairs two at a time to reach him.

"What?" the black-eyed boy snapped. Enjolras held out the Walkman and thrusted it into Courfeyrac's chest.

"I'm really, really sorry," Enjolras said sternly. Courfeyrac looked from him to the Walkman and gave Enjolras a strange look.

"Where'd you get this?" Courfeyrac asked.

"Doesn't matter. I've tried words, Courfeyrac and now I've literally resorted to buying your friendship back. Good day." Enjolras turned to walk away but was enveloped in one of the infamous Courfeyrac hugs, which didn't make a difference to Enjolras because he just hated being touched. "You can let go now."

"Never," Courfeyrac shouted as Combeferre walked down the stairs. "Now Combeferre..." Courfeyrac let go of Enjolras and turned to Combeferre. Combeferre just had to give Courfeyrac a deep stare to discourage him.

"You two were acting like children," Combeferre stated and pushed his glasses up the ridge of his nose.

"News flash, we are children," Courfeyrac stated and rolled his eyes.